Sftware CDs will not Exe.

I have been going in circles trying to install software from Discs. I have
XP-Pro. I have installed xp_fix, and sp2_fix to install missing command.com,
autoexec.nt, and config.nt files. They are not working. Help !!! I have also
tried the various Microsoft helplinks and downloads, but no success so far.
Should I Re- install XP ? I have SP1 and SP2. Or, is there a way to re
install files without losing my present set up ?

--
Anthony M Bowers

Hi,

Are you getting an error message? If so, what is it, precisely?
What software? Is it XP-compatible?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"AnthonyMB1" <AnthonyMB1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been going in circles trying to install software from Discs. I have
> XP-Pro. I have installed xp_fix, and sp2_fix to install missing
> command.com,
> autoexec.nt, and config.nt files. They are not working. Help !!! I have
> also
> tried the various Microsoft helplinks and downloads, but no success so
> far.
> Should I Re- install XP ? I have SP1 and SP2. Or, is there a way to re
> install files without losing my present set up ?
>
> --
> Anthony M Bowers

No Error Messeges. They just wont open and run the exe programs.
--
Anthony M Bowers

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you getting an error message? If so, what is it, precisely?
> What software? Is it XP-compatible?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "AnthonyMB1" <AnthonyMB1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been going in circles trying to install software from Discs. I have
> > XP-Pro. I have installed xp_fix, and sp2_fix to install missing
> > command.com,
> > autoexec.nt, and config.nt files. They are not working. Help !!! I have
> > also
> > tried the various Microsoft helplinks and downloads, but no success so
> > far.
> > Should I Re- install XP ? I have SP1 and SP2. Or, is there a way to re
> > install files without losing my present set up ?
> >
> > --
> > Anthony M Bowers

Are you able to run other .exe files?
If you double click the CD, then the .exe, from Windows Explorer will it run
this way?
All CD's or just program installers?

--

> No Error Messeges. They just wont open and run the exe programs.
> --
> Anthony M Bowers
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are you getting an error message? If so, what is it, precisely?
>> What software? Is it XP-compatible?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "AnthonyMB1" <AnthonyMB1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been going in circles trying to install software from Discs. I
>> >have
>> > XP-Pro. I have installed xp_fix, and sp2_fix to install missing
>> > command.com,
>> > autoexec.nt, and config.nt files. They are not working. Help !!! I have
>> > also
>> > tried the various Microsoft helplinks and downloads, but no success so
>> > far.
>> > Should I Re- install XP ? I have SP1 and SP2. Or, is there a way to re
>> > install files without losing my present set up ?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Anthony M Bowers

Yes, I can open other exe.files, but not from some CDs, Example, AutoTech Car
troubleshooter. It is compatable with all Windows, including XP. Before it
woulnt run because of 16 bit incompatible, I downloaded the fixes for that (
Missing Autoexec.nt, config.nt files) Now it wont open up at all. I insert
CD, I have to go to my computer and open it from CD-Rom drive. It will show
me that the disc is there by name. I click on open , it shows me the the
Autorun Info Icon, I can open that, but when I open the SETUP Icon, I get
nothing. No error message or anything. The cursor blinks once, then nothing.
Not just this Program CD, but others also. Then again, I have some CDs that
will run. I cant make heads or tails of it.
--
Anthony M Bowers

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Are you able to run other .exe files?
> If you double click the CD, then the .exe, from Windows Explorer will it run
> this way?
> All CD's or just program installers?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "AnthonyMB1" <AnthonyMB1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No Error Messeges. They just wont open and run the exe programs.
> > --
> > Anthony M Bowers
> >

> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Are you getting an error message? If so, what is it, precisely?
> >> What software? Is it XP-compatible?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "AnthonyMB1" <AnthonyMB1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

New development ! 16 Bit Subsystem:
C:\DOCUM~1\ANTHON~1.ANT\LOCALS~1\Temp\. A temporary file needed for
initialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure
that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. Choose `CLOSE`
to terminate application.
Im going nuts with this thing !
--
Anthony M Bowers

"AnthonyMB1" wrote:

> Yes, I can open other exe.files, but not from some CDs, Example, AutoTech Car
> troubleshooter. It is compatable with all Windows, including XP. Before it
> woulnt run because of 16 bit incompatible, I downloaded the fixes for that (
> Missing Autoexec.nt, config.nt files) Now it wont open up at all. I insert
> CD, I have to go to my computer and open it from CD-Rom drive. It will show
> me that the disc is there by name. I click on open , it shows me the the
> Autorun Info Icon, I can open that, but when I open the SETUP Icon, I get
> nothing. No error message or anything. The cursor blinks once, then nothing.
> Not just this Program CD, but others also. Then again, I have some CDs that
> will run. I cant make heads or tails of it.
> --
> Anthony M Bowers
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Are you able to run other .exe files?
> > If you double click the CD, then the .exe, from Windows Explorer will it run
> > this way?
> > All CD's or just program installers?
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "AnthonyMB1" <AnthonyMB1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > No Error Messeges. They just wont open and run the exe programs.
> > > --
> > > Anthony M Bowers

Purge your User's Temp Environment Folder. Log in to another
Administrator level account and then delete the entire contents
of the indicated folder. Best to purge/delete content immediately
after a system boot/reboot.
It's actual LongFileName path will be
C:\Documents and Settings\'LoginName'\Local Settings\Temp