How to create a New user on an existing Domain on a Win 7 64bit

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Domain
  • Computers
Last response: in Windows 7
September 5, 2012 8:58:57 AM

Hi There,

I have an issue merging an user to an existing domain on my windows 7 ultimate 64bit OS. let me explain my problem in detail. I am using almost 20 computer connected to my domain successfully those computer are using windows 7 32 bit. Now i trying to connect this 64bit OS to my domain. I created user account. When i try to mention the domain it is giving the error message that " The Domain is not available ". Also while i was creating the use account, I saw the entirely an different wizard for user account. There i was not able to mention the domain name. I was wondering weather i need to change any views or i need to change any settings. I don't know. This issue screwing my happiness. So please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

More about : create user existing domain win 64bit

a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2012 9:51:40 AM

You need to first add the computer itself to the domain: control panel / system ...
m
l
September 5, 2012 10:02:16 AM

noidea_77 said:
You need to first add the computer itself to the domain: control panel / system ...

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. I Already that user is on the domain itself. What else i have to try?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2012 10:38:54 AM

Something is totally mixed up here! First the computer needs to join the domain. The user has to be created on the domain controller. After that he can logon at the computer.
m
l
September 5, 2012 10:47:42 AM

noidea_77 said:
Something is totally mixed up here! First the computer needs to join the domain. The user has to be created on the domain controller. After that he can logon at the computer.

Hi noidea_77,

The problem is the user already added on the domain on the server. When i configure through work group. He can access the network computer. When i migrate that user to domain i was getting the error message. Also i want to know where i have to specify the domain name while i create the user account, Because when i was using win 7n 32bit OS. There was option to mention Domain name while i create a user account. But in the windows 7 it is totally different view. It is having two option standard account type and administration account type. Please help me figure it out.

Thanks,
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2012 11:37:39 AM

If it's a domain user you don't need to create anything on the local machine! Just let the user login with the domain user / PW. If windows does not ask for a domain user on the logon screen it is not joined to the domain right.
m
l
September 5, 2012 11:49:18 AM

noidea_77 said:
If it's a domain user you don't need to create anything on the local machine! Just let the user login with the domain user / PW. If windows does not ask for a domain user on the logon screen it is not joined to the domain right.

Yes i can log in to the machine. My requirement is from the computer i should able to access the sharing file on the other computer also the network printer. Every time when i try to access the any file or printer on the network. It is asking for the credentials. Even though the user is having admin access also i tried save credentials. But for the first time i need to do for all the computer. Is this problem related to user account?
m
l
!