I have an odd problem with Windows Explorer. I view my music sorted by
artist. The start of the list looks just that way. When I scroll
through the list I find various artists songs in other parts of the
list - usually grouped together. I don't understand this. Is there
something about the artist's name that is hidden or is this something
that Explorer just does? Is there some way I can get all of each
artist's songs grouped together in one place or am I just going to have
to live with it?

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Don Kendrick

If you use Windows Media Player you can scan for audio files on our computer
and list them by artist or genre or make your own play lists.

"Sleepless in New Jersey" wrote:

> I have an odd problem with Windows Explorer. I view my music sorted by
> artist. The start of the list looks just that way. When I scroll
> through the list I find various artists songs in other parts of the
> list - usually grouped together. I don't understand this. Is there
> something about the artist's name that is hidden or is this something
> that Explorer just does? Is there some way I can get all of each
> artist's songs grouped together in one place or am I just going to have
> to live with it?

Thanks for your response.

I have three players, one of which is WMP, that I am evaluating. There are
plusses and minuses. However, I want to use Windows Explorer to manage the
entire collection. I know there are duplications but is hard to find them
when an artist's songs are listed in three or four locations in the list
That leaves me with my original question. Is there any way to get all of an
artist's songs listed once?

"Unrepper" wrote:

> --
> Don Kendrick
>
> If you use Windows Media Player you can scan for audio files on our computer
> and list them by artist or genre or make your own play lists.
>
> "Sleepless in New Jersey" wrote:
>
> > I have an odd problem with Windows Explorer. I view my music sorted by
> > artist. The start of the list looks just that way. When I scroll
> > through the list I find various artists songs in other parts of the
> > list - usually grouped together. I don't understand this. Is there
> > something about the artist's name that is hidden or is this something
> > that Explorer just does? Is there some way I can get all of each
> > artist's songs grouped together in one place or am I just going to have
> > to live with it?

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

I'm not sure if windows explorer will help. there is a program called Music
Label 2005 that you can get in the file forum at www.betanews.com alog with
other choices. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
--
Don Kendrick

"Sleepless in New Jersey" wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> I have three players, one of which is WMP, that I am evaluating. There are
> plusses and minuses. However, I want to use Windows Explorer to manage the
> entire collection. I know there are duplications but is hard to find them
> when an artist's songs are listed in three or four locations in the list
> That leaves me with my original question. Is there any way to get all of an
> artist's songs listed once?
>
> "Unrepper" wrote:
>

> > --
> > Don Kendrick
> >
> > If you use Windows Media Player you can scan for audio files on our computer
> > and list them by artist or genre or make your own play lists.
> >
> > "Sleepless in New Jersey" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an odd problem with Windows Explorer. I view my music sorted by
> > > artist. The start of the list looks just that way. When I scroll
> > > through the list I find various artists songs in other parts of the
> > > list - usually grouped together. I don't understand this. Is there
> > > something about the artist's name that is hidden or is this something
> > > that Explorer just does? Is there some way I can get all of each
> > > artist's songs grouped together in one place or am I just going to have
> > > to live with it?

I appreciate your interest and effort. I'll give betanews a try.