system restore won't work

When I click on the system restore button I get the message, "System Restore
has been turned off by group policy. To turn on System Restore, contact your
domain Administrator." I have run all of the virus programs and anti-spyware
programs I have, so I don't know if it's a new virus or not a virus at all,
but I have no idea what to do or what a domain administrator is. Someone
please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore work

    Go to Start>Run, key in gpedit.msc and hit ENTER. Under Computer
    Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, then click on
    the System Restore folder. In the right-hand pane, double-click on Turn off
    Configuration and, under the Setting tab, click in the radio button beside
    Not Configured. Click on Apply then OK.

    or

    Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore

    In the right-pane, delete the value "DisableConfig".
    Close Registry Editor
    Close and re-open the System Restore properties page.

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "Logan" <Logan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    When I click on the system restore button I get the message, "System Restore
    has been turned off by group policy. To turn on System Restore, contact
    your
    domain Administrator." I have run all of the virus programs and
    anti-spyware
    programs I have, so I don't know if it's a new virus or not a virus at all,
    but I have no idea what to do or what a domain administrator is. Someone
    please help.

    System Restore Group Policy restrictions:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/srpolicy.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Logan" <Logan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I click on the system restore button I get the message, "System
    > Restore
    > has been turned off by group policy. To turn on System Restore, contact
    > your
    > domain Administrator." I have run all of the virus programs and
    > anti-spyware
    > programs I have, so I don't know if it's a new virus or not a virus at
    > all,
    > but I have no idea what to do or what a domain administrator is. Someone
    > please help.

Virus Domain System Restore Windows XP