Erasing Automatic Font During Search

When I enter info in a search box it seems that Windows XP has saved my
previous searches and it gives me choices to enter to quicken my search. I
like that feature because it often makes things easier, but I need to know if
there is a way to erase that info.

Thanks.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/honeycutt_03june09.mspx

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Sharbysyd" <Sharbysyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I enter info in a search box it seems that Windows XP has saved my
> previous searches and it gives me choices to enter to quicken my search.
> like that feature because it often makes things easier, but I need to know
> if
> there is a way to erase that info.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks, but I don't really understand what to do. Now I know that it's a
history list I want to clear though.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/honeycutt_03june09.mspx
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Sharbysyd" <Sharbysyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I enter info in a search box it seems that Windows XP has saved my
> > previous searches and it gives me choices to enter to quicken my search.
> > like that feature because it often makes things easier, but I need to know
> > if
> > there is a way to erase that info.
> >
> > Thanks.

Search MRUs (history lists) are stored in this part of the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to that location. Backup, and then delete the
search phrases in the sub-keys.

http://www.winxptutor.com/searchmru.htm