printer spooler

I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about printer spooler

    edkaren wrote:

    > I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
    > up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
    > is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
    > Thanks

    Go to Start | Run. Type in services.msc. Click Ok. Scroll down to
    Print Spooler. Double click on it. In the Startup type box make sure
    it's set to automatic and if it's not started click on start.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Thanks for the suggestions
    I have made sure that the printer spooler is on automatic. However each time
    I try access the printer it brings up the Message "spooler subsytem app
    error", and when I go back to printer spooler it has stopped again. If I
    restart the computer it says it has found to hardware ( my HP printer) but
    when it goes through the setup wizard it gives another error " rpc server
    unavailble"
    any further suggestions

    edkaren wrote:

    > Thanks for the suggestions
    > I have made sure that the printer spooler is on automatic. However each time
    > I try access the printer it brings up the Message "spooler subsytem app
    > error", and when I go back to printer spooler it has stopped again. If I
    > restart the computer it says it has found to hardware ( my HP printer) but
    > when it goes through the setup wizard it gives another error " rpc server
    > unavailble"
    > any further suggestions
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >

    >>edkaren wrote:
    >>

    >>>I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
    >>>up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
    >>>is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>Go to Start | Run. Type in services.msc. Click Ok. Scroll down to
    >>Print Spooler. Double click on it. In the Startup type box make sure
    >>it's set to automatic and if it's not started click on start.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rock
    >>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Sorry I don't. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
    3. Double-click the Printer Spooler service, and then change the startup
    type to Automatic. This sets the Spooler service to start automatically
    when you restart the computer.
    4. If you want to start the spooler service immediately, click the Start
    button under the Service Status field.

    You can also start the Spooler service by typing net start spooler in
    the Run dialog box.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    "edkaren" <edkaren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the suggestions
    > I have made sure that the printer spooler is on automatic. However each
    > time
    > I try access the printer it brings up the Message "spooler subsytem app
    > error", and when I go back to printer spooler it has stopped again. If I
    > restart the computer it says it has found to hardware ( my HP printer) but
    > when it goes through the setup wizard it gives another error " rpc server
    > unavailble"
    > any further suggestions

    This may help, copy spoolsv.exe [c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe] to
    the default users startup folder.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

Printers Microsoft Windows XP