gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
I have three drives, two raptor 36gbs and one IBM 20gb w/ 2meg cache. Originally I had the two Raptors in Raid 0 with the primary windows installation on it. I used the 20gb one for music and videos. After Windows reminded me how much it sucked (thanks sp2) I want to do a new set up. I don't want to do RAID because RAID support with my onboard promise controller is not officially supported in Linux and I have no clue what I'm doing in it (but I'm learning.)

So heres the list of OS's I want to install -

Redhat 9.0
Win XP pro (32-bit)
Win XP 64-bit edition

How should I distribute that among my three drives? I want to have a main drive where I can access my files from in all the OS's so I'll need one open drive (or partition) in FAT32.

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Anyone? Here's my thought so far, Partition one raptor in three equal spaces for win xp, win xp 64, and linux. I'll use the 2nd raptor as swap file space and program files and then the 20 gb drive ill use for music and stuff like last time. Sound good?

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
If it were me I would put at least one operating system on a seperate drive...probably one of the Windows installs. This way if you have a drive failure you'll still have an OS to bail yourself out with...

....WW (5.0)