desktop shortcut to web.

I have a few shortcut icons to go directly to designated web address. The
last few days when I click on it to open, it does nothing. Doesn't seem to
work. I have tried all of my icons. The internet explorer icon does work and
takes me to home page. But my shortcut icons don't. Can I fix this problem
and how. Can someone please help. Thanks heaps

Go to Start/Run and type in:

regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll>ok
regsvr32 /i shell32>ok

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

wondersue wrote:

> I have a few shortcut icons to go directly to designated web address. The
> last few days when I click on it to open, it does nothing. Doesn't seem to
> work. I have tried all of my icons. The internet explorer icon does work and
> takes me to home page. But my shortcut icons don't. Can I fix this problem
> and how. Can someone please help. Thanks heaps

kelly

HTM/HTML Fix for Windows XP
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/html_association_fix.zip

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"wondersue" <wondersue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a few shortcut icons to go directly to designated web address. The
> last few days when I click on it to open, it does nothing. Doesn't seem to
> work. I have tried all of my icons. The internet explorer icon does work
> and
> takes me to home page. But my shortcut icons don't. Can I fix this
> problem
> and how. Can someone please help. Thanks heaps

What are the properties of the old ones that work?