Synching Time on Windows XP Client in a Windows 2000 Domain

I tried to use this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734

to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
following error:

The command -s is unknown.

So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it says it
is "Not useful."

What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with the
Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.

--
George Hester
_______________________________

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to use this article:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    >
    > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    > following error:
    >
    > The command -s is unknown.
    >
    > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it says
    > it
    > is "Not useful."
    >
    > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with the
    > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to use this article:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    >
    > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    > following error:
    >
    > The command -s is unknown.
    >
    > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it says
    > it
    > is "Not useful."
    >
    > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with the
    > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.

    w32tm /resync should resync to the domain time server

    Kerry

    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________

    No it didn't. What was returned was Sending resync command to local
    computer... Could you please explain the steps necessary to use the Windows
    2000 Domain Controller for Windows XP's Time Server? I tried to follow the
    steps in this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054/

    under the section "Configuring the Windows Times Service to use an External
    Source." I then found this article:

    http://www.wilsonmar.com/1clocks.htm

    and would have liked to use this command:

    w32tm -once -test -v

    to convince myself all is well. But this doesn't work in Windows XP. So is
    there an equivalent set of paramters in Windows XP?

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    > No it didn't. What was returned was Sending resync command to local
    > computer... Could you please explain the steps necessary to use the
    > Windows
    > 2000 Domain Controller for Windows XP's Time Server? I tried to follow
    > the
    > steps in this article:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054/
    >
    > under the section "Configuring the Windows Times Service to use an
    > External
    > Source." I then found this article:
    >
    > http://www.wilsonmar.com/1clocks.htm
    >
    > and would have liked to use this command:
    >
    > w32tm -once -test -v
    >
    > to convince myself all is well. But this doesn't work in Windows XP. So
    > is
    > there an equivalent set of paramters in Windows XP?

    After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer. There
    will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched with.
    Here are a some links explaining how it all works.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/time_w32tm.mspx

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054

    Kerry

    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >I tried to use this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    >> >
    >> > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    >> > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    >> > following error:
    >> >
    >> > The command -s is unknown.
    >> >
    >> > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it
    >> > says
    >> > it
    >> > is "Not useful."
    >> >
    >> > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with
    > the
    >> > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.
    >> >

    >> w32tm /resync should resync to the domain time server
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>

    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________

    Use
    NET TIME \\COMPUTERNAME /DOMAIN:DOMAINNAME /SET

    ..

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to use this article:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    >
    > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    > following error:
    >
    > The command -s is unknown.
    >
    > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it says
    > it
    > is "Not useful."
    >
    > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with the
    > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________

    Yes I did that. But when I type in w32tm /resync what is returning is
    Sending resync command to loacal computer. I don't think that is right.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "shafiee" <mohamed.shafee@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Use
    > NET TIME \\COMPUTERNAME /DOMAIN:DOMAINNAME /SET
    >
    > .
    >

    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I tried to use this article:
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    > >
    > > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    > > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    > > following error:
    > >
    > > The command -s is unknown.
    > >
    > > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it says
    > > it
    > > is "Not useful."
    > >
    > > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with
    the
    > > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.
    > >
    > > --
    > > George Hester
    > > _______________________________

    It is if you want the local computer to update it's time. There is no need for this as it happens at logon.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OgyzHQfgFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Yes I did that. But when I type in w32tm /resync what is returning is
    > Sending resync command to loacal computer. I don't think that is right.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "shafiee" <mohamed.shafee@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Use
    >> NET TIME \\COMPUTERNAME /DOMAIN:DOMAINNAME /SET
    >>
    >> .
    >>

    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >I tried to use this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    >> >
    >> > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    >> > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    >> > following error:
    >> >
    >> > The command -s is unknown.
    >> >
    >> > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it says
    >> > it
    >> > is "Not useful."
    >> >
    >> > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with
    > the
    >> > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________

    No I want it to update its time with the Doamin Cntroller.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    ----------------------
    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yes I did that. But when I type in w32tm /resync what is returning is
    > Sending resync command to loacal computer. I don't think that is right.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "shafiee" <mohamed.shafee@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Use
    >> NET TIME \\COMPUTERNAME /DOMAIN:DOMAINNAME /SET
    >>
    >> .
    >>

    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >I tried to use this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734
    >> >
    >> > to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000
    >> > Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received back the
    >> > following error:
    >> >
    >> > The command -s is unknown.
    >> >
    >> > So I did w32tm /? and find there is a parameter called /soft but it
    says
    >> > it
    >> > is "Not useful."
    >> >
    >> > What would be useful to synchronize the Windows XP client's time with
    > the
    >> > Windows 2000 domain controller? Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________

    I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer and it
    continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The command
    completed successfully/"

    The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:

    w32tm -once -test -v

    gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use in
    Windows XP to get the same level of information?

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    >I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    > doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    > followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer and
    > it
    > continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The
    > command
    > completed successfully/"
    >
    > The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:
    >
    > w32tm -once -test -v
    >
    > gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use
    > in
    > Windows XP to get the same level of information?

    I get an event in the system log every time I run w32tm /resync. W32tm
    appears to be a different program in win2k and xp/server2003. XP and server
    2003 use NTP while win2k uses SNTP. This discusion has prompted me to do a
    lot of investigating. I had no idea xp/2003 was so different from 2000
    regarding the time service.

    Thanks, Kerry

    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    >>
    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > No it didn't. What was returned was Sending resync command to local
    >> > computer... Could you please explain the steps necessary to use the
    >> > Windows
    >> > 2000 Domain Controller for Windows XP's Time Server? I tried to follow
    >> > the
    >> > steps in this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054/
    >> >
    >> > under the section "Configuring the Windows Times Service to use an
    >> > External
    >> > Source." I then found this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.wilsonmar.com/1clocks.htm
    >> >
    >> > and would have liked to use this command:
    >> >
    >> > w32tm -once -test -v
    >> >
    >> > to convince myself all is well. But this doesn't work in Windows XP.
    > So
    >> > is
    >> > there an equivalent set of paramters in Windows XP?
    >> >

    >> After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer. There
    >> will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched
    >> with.
    >> Here are a some links explaining how it all works.
    >>

    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    > us/time_w32tm.mspx
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897/EN-US/
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________
    >> > "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message

    > 2000

    >> > the

    Me neither. And no I don't get nothing in the System Log in Event Viwer
    when I call w32tm /resync. Nope nothing at all.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    > > doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    > > followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer
    and
    > > it
    > > continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The
    > > command
    > > completed successfully/"
    > >
    > > The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:
    > >
    > > w32tm -once -test -v
    > >
    > > gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can
    use
    > > in
    > > Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    > >

    > I get an event in the system log every time I run w32tm /resync. W32tm
    > appears to be a different program in win2k and xp/server2003. XP and
    server
    > 2003 use NTP while win2k uses SNTP. This discusion has prompted me to do
    > lot of investigating. I had no idea xp/2003 was so different from 2000
    > regarding the time service.
    >
    > Thanks, Kerry
    >
    > > --
    > > George Hester
    > > _______________________________
    > > "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > So
    > >> >

    > >> After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer.
    There
    > >> will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched
    > >> with.
    > >> Here are a some links explaining how it all works.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    > > us/time_w32tm.mspx
    > >>
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897/EN-US/
    > >>
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090
    > >>
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054
    > >>
    > >> Kerry

    > > 2000

    That what's it doing, though there is no need to as it has already done it. If you send Resynch to the server the server will update its time.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uX89gSqgFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > No I want it to update its time with the Doamin Cntroller.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > It is if you want the local computer to update it's time. There is no need
    > for this as it happens at logon.

    > ----------------------
    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Yes I did that. But when I type in w32tm /resync what is returning is
    >> Sending resync command to loacal computer. I don't think that is right.
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________
    >> "shafiee" <mohamed.shafee@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Use
    >>> NET TIME \\COMPUTERNAME /DOMAIN:DOMAINNAME /SET
    >>>
    >>> .
    >>>

    >>> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > says

    >> the

    So what is your problem? You a/ shouldn't be doing this, and b/ it's working.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ez2P4cqgFHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    > doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    > followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer and it
    > continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The command
    > completed successfully/"
    >
    > The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:
    >
    > w32tm -once -test -v
    >
    > gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use in
    > Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    >>
    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > No it didn't. What was returned was Sending resync command to local
    >> > computer... Could you please explain the steps necessary to use the
    >> > Windows
    >> > 2000 Domain Controller for Windows XP's Time Server? I tried to follow
    >> > the
    >> > steps in this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054/
    >> >
    >> > under the section "Configuring the Windows Times Service to use an
    >> > External
    >> > Source." I then found this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.wilsonmar.com/1clocks.htm
    >> >
    >> > and would have liked to use this command:
    >> >
    >> > w32tm -once -test -v
    >> >
    >> > to convince myself all is well. But this doesn't work in Windows XP.
    > So
    >> > is
    >> > there an equivalent set of paramters in Windows XP?
    >> >

    >> After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer. There
    >> will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched with.
    >> Here are a some links explaining how it all works.
    >>

    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    > us/time_w32tm.mspx
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897/EN-US/
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________
    >> > "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message

    > 2000

    >> > the

    The commands I provided which work in Windows 2000:

    So what is your problem? You a/ shouldn't be doing this, and b/ it's
    working.

    ----------------------
    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    > doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    > followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer and
    it
    > continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The
    command
    > completed successfully/"
    >
    > The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:
    >
    > w32tm -once -test -v
    >
    > gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use
    in
    > Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    >>
    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > No it didn't. What was returned was Sending resync command to local
    >> > computer... Could you please explain the steps necessary to use the
    >> > Windows
    >> > 2000 Domain Controller for Windows XP's Time Server? I tried to follow
    >> > the
    >> > steps in this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054/
    >> >
    >> > under the section "Configuring the Windows Times Service to use an
    >> > External
    >> > Source." I then found this article:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.wilsonmar.com/1clocks.htm
    >> >
    >> > and would have liked to use this command:
    >> >
    >> > w32tm -once -test -v
    >> >
    >> > to convince myself all is well. But this doesn't work in Windows XP.
    > So
    >> > is
    >> > there an equivalent set of paramters in Windows XP?
    >> >

    >> After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer. There
    >> will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched
    with.
    >> Here are a some links explaining how it all works.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    > us/time_w32tm.mspx
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897/EN-US/
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________
    >> > "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message

    > 2000

    >> > the

    Ask in a 2000 group 2000 questions. I NEVER NEEDED TO RUN THIS COMMAND EVER. Nor do you. It is done automatically.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O1pSeKxgFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > The commands I provided which work in Windows 2000:
    >
    > w32tm -once -test -v
    >
    > gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use
    > in
    > Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    >

    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > So what is your problem? You a/ shouldn't be doing this, and b/ it's
    > working.

    > ----------------------
    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    >> doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    >> followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer and
    > it
    >> continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The
    > command
    >> completed successfully/"
    >>
    >> The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:
    >>
    >> w32tm -once -test -v
    >>
    >> gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use
    > in
    >> Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________
    >> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> So
    >>> >

    >>> After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer. There
    >>> will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched
    > with.
    >>> Here are a some links explaining how it all works.
    >>>

    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    >> us/time_w32tm.mspx
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897/EN-US/
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054
    >>>
    >>> Kerry

    >> 2000

    > with

    I am using Windows XP so asking in the 2000 group is the wrong thing to do.
    I do need to get this level of information in Windows XP. Any suggestions?
    Let's try it like this:

    C:>w32tm -once -test -v

    W32Time: BEGIN:InitAdjIncr
    W32Time: Adj 100148 , Incr 100144 fAdjust 0
    W32Time: 100148 Adj!=Incr 100144
    W32Time: END:Line 2503
    W32Time: BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
    W32Time: END Line 1407
    W32Time: TimeMMInit()
    W32Time: Kernel timer : using default maximum resolution
    W32Time: MaximumTime = 100144
    W32Time: CurrentTime = 10032
    W32Time: Timer calibrated, looped 1 times
    W32Time: BEGIN:InitTmCfg
    W32Time: END:Line 807
    W32Time: BEGIN:InitTmCli
    W32Time: END:Line 2596
    W32Time: BEGIN:InitTmData
    W32Time: END:Line 2618
    W32Time: AvoidTimeSyncOnWan 0
    W32Time: BEGIN:CMOSSynchSet
    W32Time: Setting adjustment 100148 - Bool 0
    W32Time: BEGIN:SetTSTimeRes
    W32Time: END:Line 1295
    W32Time: END:Line 864
    W32Time: BEGIN:InitializeDC
    W32Time: BEGIN:GetRole
    W32Time: Role is 'workstation'
    W32Time: END Line 672
    W32Time: END:Line 704
    W32Time: Server: Binding to 2 NICs.
    W32Time: Advertising that I'm a Time Service Provider
    W32Time: timeBeginPeriod: setting resolution 9
    W32Time: BEGIN:TimeSync
    W32Time: BEGIN:FGetType
    W32Time: END Line 254
    W32Time: BEGIN:FDoTimeNTPType
    W32Time: BEGIN:FDoNT5DSType
    W32Time: BEGIN:FBuildDCList
    W32Time: BEGIN:GetNT5DCAddress
    W32Time: Member of an Win2K domain. Looking for DCs.
    W32Time: Accepting previously discoverd DC
    W32Time: BEGIN:GetRole
    W32Time: Role is 'workstation'
    W32Time: END Line 672
    W32Time: Calling DsGetDcNameA() for a WS
    W32Time: Using in domain DC as NO parent Domain DC
    W32Time: DC address is 192.168.2.65
    W32Time: DC friendly name is \\machine.domain.com
    W32Time: END Line 519
    W32Time: The RID...457
    W32Time: END Line 639
    W32Time: New DomainController time source is located:
    W32Time: END Line 971
    W32Time: BEGIN:ChooseNTPServer
    W32Time: END Line 2178
    W32Time: BEGIN:GetSocketForSynch
    W32Time: NTP: ntpptrs[0] - 192.168.2.65
    W32Time: Port Pinging to - 123
    W32Time: Connecting to "\\machine.domain.com" (192.168.2.65)
    W32Time: END:Line 1170
    W32Time: BEGIN:GetDefaultRid
    W32Time: END Line 2354
    W32Time: BEGIN:ComputeDelay
    W32Time: BEGIN:NTPTry -- init
    W32Time: END Line 1683
    W32Time: BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
    W32Time: BEGIN:ComputeInterval
    W32Time: END Line 2479
    W32Time: Sending to server 68 bytes...
    W32Time: BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
    W32Time: END Line 1407
    W32Time: NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
    W32Time: BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
    W32Time: END Line 1407
    W32Time: NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
    W32Time: Recv'ed from server 68 Bytes...
    W32Time: BEGIN:ComputeClientDigest
    W32Time: END Line 2316
    W32Time: ComputeClientDigest() returned 0
    W32Time: END Line 1907
    W32Time: BEGIN:NTPTry -- delay
    W32Time: END Line 2012
    W32Time: Round trip was 10ms
    W32Time: BEGIN:NTPTry -- gettime
    W32Time: BEGIN:Fgmtimetonttime
    W32Time: END Line 2563
    W32Time: END Line 1998
    W32Time: one-way delay is 5ms
    W32Time: END Line 1645
    W32Time: END Line 368
    W32Time: BEGIN:TimeDiff
    W32Time: ClockError -22
    W32Time: END Line 2542
    W32Time: BEGIN:FCheckTimeSanity
    W32Time: Adjusting time by 22 ms. No eventlog messages since time
    difference is 0 <1 minute
    W32Time: END Line 570
    W32Time: BEGIN:SetTimeNow
    W32Time: Would have Skewed for backwards, badj, btime = 50074 44
    W32Time: END Line 1280
    W32Time: Time was 28min 15.023s
    W32Time: Time is 28min 15.001s
    W32Time: Error 22ms
    W32Time: BEGIN:CheckLeapFlag
    W32Time: END:Line 606
    W32Time: BEGIN:ComputePostTimeData
    W32Time: BEGIN:ComputeInterval
    W32Time: END Line 2479
    W32Time: BEGIN:ComputeSleepStuff
    W32Time: Computed stagger is 0ms, bias is 0ms
    W32Time: Time until next sync - 2699.960s
    W32Time: END:Line 816
    W32Time: END:Line 221
    W32Time: END:Line 196
    W32Time: BEGIN:TermTime
    W32Time: NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
    W32Time: NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
    W32Time: TimeMMCleanup()
    W32Time: BEGIN:FinishCleanup
    W32Time: BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
    W32Time: END Line 1407
    W32Time: Inform NetLogon That you are not a TS Provider
    W32Time: BEGIN:UnInitializeDC
    W32Time: Ptrs 0 - 0
    W32Time: END:Line 727
    W32Time: Time service stopped.
    W32Time: END:Line 407

    This is the level of information I "need" in Windows XP.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    Ask in a 2000 group 2000 questions. I NEVER NEEDED TO RUN THIS COMMAND EVER.
    Nor do you. It is done automatically.

    ----------------------
    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The commands I provided which work in Windows 2000:
    >
    > w32tm -once -test -v
    >
    > gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use
    > in
    > Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    >

    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > So what is your problem? You a/ shouldn't be doing this, and b/ it's
    > working.

    > ----------------------
    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I do have a W32Time event in that log. It occurred yesterday when I was
    >> doing this. It does say synching with my Domain Controller. But when I
    >> followed your suggestion no entry appeared at all in the Event Viewer and
    > it
    >> continues to return "Sending resync command to local computer...The
    > command
    >> completed successfully/"
    >>
    >> The commands I gave you which work in Windows 2000:
    >>
    >> w32tm -once -test -v
    >>
    >> gives a lot of useful information. Anything of this type which I can use
    > in
    >> Windows XP to get the same level of information?
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________
    >> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> So
    >>> >

    >>> After running w32tm /resync check the system log with event viewer.
    There
    >>> will be an entry telling you which server the local computer synched
    > with.
    >>> Here are a some links explaining how it all works.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    >> us/time_w32tm.mspx
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897/EN-US/
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314090
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054
    >>>
    >>> Kerry

    >> 2000

    > with

Windows 2000 Domain Controller Windows XP