nick2893

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2004
Recently there's been a whole new trend towards increased security, passwords and such. My university even requires we change the password every year.

I was going through this site, looking for anything related to passwords...and I saw a utility which lets you save and encrypt your passwords.

But for me, a text file with 170 lines of ... passwords and secret questions if I forget the password and such, is more than enough. Honestly, I'm at a point where I don't care about security, because it's become such a pain in the butt that its usefulness is diminished.

If I'm unloading my car, I won't lock my house door, or my car door between trips from car to home. But that's the thing, I have a choice in whether I lock my house and my car, or not. I even have a choice in wheter I leave the door opened. With passwords online, I have to remember it and I have to type it in every time. If I change computers, all the lil helpers which remember passwords are history. If I'm idle for 15 min or I close the browser window, I have to retype it again.

So my question...is, does anyone know of a way to not have to remember and type in the passwords? I'm sure somebody has or will come up with a gadget like that and become very rich. I'm just looking for that gadget.