Looking for artist for graphic version of Anchorhead

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2004 12:29:24 PM

First of all, I'd like to say that yes, I HAVE got Mr. Micahel
Gentry's permission on this - even permission to sell it, if it's god
enough, provided he gets a share of the profit, which went without
saying anyway.

Now, let's begin.

My name is Rui Pires - redruM on the net - and I'm an AGSer. Meaning,
I use Adventure Game Studio (www.agsforums.com). My first (and latest,
actually) project was a point and click remake of Sierra's "Leisure
Suit Larry 2". Now I'd like to start work on a graphical remake of
Anchorhead.

Skeptical, are you? Check out www.agagames.com/redrum/Script.txt and
you'll see the way I imagine the introduction to be in this graphical
remake, then make your own mind about the project.

What I need is an artist. Either an animator AND a background artist
AND a character designer, or someone who can do all three, or...
whatever. I've got a music artist, a couple of voice artists, and of
course the plot is already done and waiting for me... but still no
artist.

Anyone interested, please reply or e-mail me at
catsfan915@hotmail.com.

And just for the record - I'm desperate here. The project has been
struggling along for MONTHS, most of the time having been spent in the
"Quest for the Missing Artist".

Rui Pires
redruM
catsfan915@hotmail.com
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 7:27:30 AM

Schattenjager wrote:

> Now I'd like to start work on a graphical remake of Anchorhead.
>
> What I need is an artist. Either an animator AND a background
> artist AND a character designer, or someone who can do all three,
> or... whatever. I've got a music artist, a couple of voice artists,
> and of course the plot is already done and waiting for me... but
> still no artist.
>
> And just for the record - I'm desperate here. The project has been
> struggling along for MONTHS, most of the time having been spent in
> the "Quest for the Missing Artist".

Well, no kidding. Even if you break up those three jobs and give them
to three different artists, you're still asking each of those guys to
do a titanic amount of work for free. The background artist and the
animator each will do vastly more work than the voice artists are
going to be required to do. The music composer will probably work
hard, but for a much shorter length of time.

Good luck finding someone with the skills who is willing to do this.
The reason the project is stalled might be that the person you're
looking for does not exist.

--
J. Robinson Wheeler Games - http://raddial.com/if/
JRW Digital Media Movie - http://thekroneexperiment.com

> Well, no kidding. Even if you break up those three jobs and give them
> to three different artists, you're still asking each of those guys to
> do a titanic amount of work for free. The background artist and the
> animator each will do vastly more work than the voice artists are
> going to be required to do. The music composer will probably work
> hard, but for a much shorter length of time.
>
> Good luck finding someone with the skills who is willing to do this.
> The reason the project is stalled might be that the person you're
> looking for does not exist.

For the record, it's not for free - if the game does get good enough
to sell, everyone will get payed an equal share of the royalties.

Also, I don't want this to be a "cold" project, as in, one boss and
lots of people doing what he tells them to - that'd spoil all the fun.
As the coder, "porter" (porting-IF-to-graphic, I mean) and dialogue
re-writter (Mr. Gentry has specifically asked that I use none og his
own work word-by-word), I'll have quite a lot of work too, but as long
as it's fun... this isn't a deadlined project, and has no reason to
exist but to expand on a great game, which has potential to become a
great graphic adventure. It's a labour of love, mostly. All I'm asking
is for people to share it with. And if someone comes along who mostly
wants to get himself some money, that's cool - the thing'll get done,
and he/she'll get paid, from the royalties.

Thank for the encouragement, anyway.
August 17, 2004 2:28:51 PM

> Well, no kidding. Even if you break up those three jobs and give them
> to three different artists, you're still asking each of those guys to
> do a titanic amount of work for free. The background artist and the
> animator each will do vastly more work than the voice artists are
> going to be required to do. The music composer will probably work
> hard, but for a much shorter length of time.
>
> Good luck finding someone with the skills who is willing to do this.
> The reason the project is stalled might be that the person you're
> looking for does not exist.

For the record, it's not for free - if the game does get good enough
to sell, everyone will get payed an equal share of the royalties.

Also, I don't want this to be a "cold" project, as in, one boss and
lots of people doing what he tells them to - that'd spoil all the fun.
As the coder, "porter" (porting-IF-to-graphic, I mean) and dialogue
re-writter (Mr. Gentry has specifically asked that I use none og his
own work word-by-word), I'll have quite a lot of work too, but as long
as it's fun... this isn't a deadlined project, and has no reason to
exist but to expand on a great game, which has potential to become a
great graphic adventure. It's a labour of love, mostly. All I'm asking
is for people to share it with. And if someone comes along who mostly
wants to get himself some money, that's cool - the thing'll get done,
and he/she'll get paid, from the royalties.

Thank for the encouragement, anyway.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 2:48:59 PM

> Well, no kidding. Even if you break up those three jobs and give them
> to three different artists, you're still asking each of those guys to
> do a titanic amount of work for free. The background artist and the
> animator each will do vastly more work than the voice artists are
> going to be required to do. The music composer will probably work
> hard, but for a much shorter length of time.
>
> Good luck finding someone with the skills who is willing to do this.
> The reason the project is stalled might be that the person you're
> looking for does not exist.

For the record, it's not for free - if the game does get good enough
to sell, everyone will get payed an equal share of the royalties.

Also, I don't want this to be a "cold" project, as in, one boss and
lots of people doing what he tells them to - that'd spoil all the fun.
As the coder, "porter" (porting-IF-to-graphic, I mean) and dialogue
re-writter (Mr. Gentry has specifically asked that I use none og his
own work word-by-word), I'll have quite a lot of work too, but as long
as it's fun... this isn't a deadlined project, and has no reason to
exist but to expand on a great game, which has potential to become a
great graphic adventure. It's a labour of love, mostly. All I'm asking
is for people to share it with. And if someone comes along who mostly
wants to get himself some money, that's cool - the thing'll get done,
and he/she'll get paid, from the royalties.

Thank for the encouragement, anyway.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:00:26 PM

> Well, no kidding. Even if you break up those three jobs and give them
> to three different artists, you're still asking each of those guys to
> do a titanic amount of work for free. The background artist and the
> animator each will do vastly more work than the voice artists are
> going to be required to do. The music composer will probably work
> hard, but for a much shorter length of time.
>
> Good luck finding someone with the skills who is willing to do this.
> The reason the project is stalled might be that the person you're
> looking for does not exist.

For the record, it's not for free - if the game does get good enough
to sell, everyone will get payed an equal share of the royalties.

Also, I don't want this to be a "cold" project, as in, one boss and
lots of people doing what he tells them to - that'd spoil all the fun.
As the coder, "porter" (porting-IF-to-graphic, I mean) and dialogue
re-writter (Mr. Gentry has specifically asked that I use none og his
own work word-by-word), I'll have quite a lot of work too, but as long
as it's fun... this isn't a deadlined project, and has no reason to
exist but to expand on a great game, which has potential to become a
great graphic adventure. It's a labour of love, mostly. All I'm asking
is for people to share it with. And if someone comes along who mostly
wants to get himself some money, that's cool - the thing'll get done,
and he/she'll get paid, from the royalties.

Thank for the encouragement, anyway.
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 7:03:35 PM

Ah well, I seem to have found someone already. Just so everybody knows. ;)
!