Adobe won't allow download of flash player 11 to my country-I'm in MI!

luk49ov

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
I just purchased a refurbished Asus TF101 B1, loaded with Android 4.0.3. When I go to the browser, it sends me to Adobe to download flash player 11; however, the site states that it cannot do so to the country I'm in! I'm in Michigan, USA, settings indicate Eastern time zone and it shows the correct time; the pre-installed GPS map shows my location correctly in Michigan.

I do not know why Adobe thinks I'm requesting the download from another country.

I understand Adobe won't support flash on Android 4.1 - I'm at 4.0.3. Possibly, because flash was not pre-installed, Adobe won't allow the download, but the reason it's giving me is that I'm in the 'wrong' country.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thank you,

Alan

Are you going though a VPN service? You may want to check with your ISP also, the IP the Adobe servers are seeing may be messing up. Also, where did you get the Asus from? Was it from outside the US? Adobe could be reading some other information off the system.

luk49ov

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009

Not going through VPN but standard WiFi. Whether I use my home ISP or link to the WiFi at another location, I get the same message when I get to Adobe's site to install Flash, "This item isn't available in your country." The tablet is refurbished; I guess it is possible that it was originally purchased in another country, returned to Asus, refurbished, and subsequently sold to me in the U.S. The tablet is model TF101 B1 and I am unable to determine what the "B1" means. I've seen ads for the TF2101 A1 and I am also wondering if the "B1" is indicative of another country.

I've written to Asus a couple of times; it takes a few days to get a response and I've heard back on my first inquiry; however, it was not responsive. Asus told me that Jelly Bean doesn't support Flash; but I told them I have Android 4.0.3, which is not Jelly Bean (4.1). They told me to go to Adobe's site and download the developer's version of Flash but they ignored my comment that when I do go to Adobe's site it states that the item isn't available in my country.

I'm guessing Adobe is reading something on my system to indicate it was built for another country. Anyone know what that might be?

thank you,

Alan

Just realized you were on an Android system, though it was a regular laptop. You can't just install Flash from Adobe's site on the device, the Flash setup is for regular computers.

You can check here for some more details https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&hl=en and here http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-install-flash-your-android-device

Windows

2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server® 2003 (32-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later, or Opera 11
128MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory

Mac OS

Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7
Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
256MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory

Linux

2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 5.6 or later (32 bit and 64 bit), openSUSE® 11.3 or later (32 bit and 64 bit), or Ubuntu 10.04 or later (32 bit and 64 bit)
Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or Google Chrome
512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory

TRENDING THREADS