I am trying to install some software and am getting the following message:

The image file e:\Install\SETUP.EXE is valid, but is for a machine type
other than the current machine.

Can anybody help?

Hi

What are your system's specs?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"A Harrison" <alison-l@gs_uk.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install some software and am getting the following message:
>
> The image file e:\Install\SETUP.EXE is valid, but is for a machine type
> other than the current machine.
>
> Can anybody help?

Post to the specific newsgroup:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

A Harrison wrote:

> I am trying to install some software and am getting the following message:
>
> The image file e:\Install\SETUP.EXE is valid, but is for a machine type
> other than the current machine.
>
> Can anybody help?

Hello,
You are trying to run a 64-bit program inside of the 32-bit operating
system. You cannot do that.
You need to create a cd and boot from that cd to install 64-bit Windows.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: "=?Utf-8?B?QSBIYXJyaXNvbg==?=" <alison-l@gs_uk.com>
<Subject: XP 64 bit install problem