request for unzipped interpreters

Someone sent me the following email about playing IF:

I e-mailed you yesterday about the archive for IF games. I am not to
familliar with the computer yet. I'm visually impaired, and have a
screen reader program called JAWS 5.0 for windows XP, it reads
everything on the screen to me. I currently have the frotz interpreter
for Z code games, which someone sent me already unzipped and extracted.
I've noticed in the archive, that there are other formats that games are
made in. Like "Adrift", "Tads" and "MS-dos". I've tried to download
the interpreter, and then the game, but I'm having trouble figuring out
how to unzip and extract what I need to play the game. What I was
wondering was, is there any way possible that you could send me a few
interpreters that are already unzipped and extracted for what I need
them for? Then all I'll have to do is, install them on my computer from
my e-mail.

You would really be saving me alot of headache by figuring that out.
So if you don't mind, can you send me the interpreter for "Adrift
games", "Tads games", and "MS-dos games". already unzipped and
extracted? I seen some pretty cool games I'd like to try out.

===

I am tied down by the Eight-Month-Old, and I don't run WinXP. Neither
does my husband. However, if anyone is willing/able to help with this,
I'd be happy to forward you this person's email.

--
Yoon Ha Lee
http://pegasus.cityofveils.com

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

> I've tried to download
> the interpreter, and then the game, but I'm having trouble figuring out
> how to unzip and extract what I need to play the game. What I was
> wondering was, is there any way possible that you could send me a few
> interpreters that are already unzipped and extracted for what I need
> them for? Then all I'll have to do is, install them on my computer from
> my e-mail.

I'm not sure if this would work, but your friend could try downloading the
bundle for all the windows interpreters from
http://mirror.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/competition2002/WinInterpreters.exe

Then all they'd have to do is double-click on the executable and press next
a few times. I don't know anything about reader software or JAWS, so I'm
not sure if this would work but at least they wouldn't have to unzip
anything.

Jason

yl112@cornell.edu (Yoon Ha Lee) wrote in message news:<1ginpzu.zwcu9w1y7e5ukN%yl112@cornell.edu>...
> I am tied down by the Eight-Month-Old, and I don't run WinXP. Neither
> does my husband. However, if anyone is willing/able to help with this,
> I'd be happy to forward you this person's email.

I can try to help this person. Mail me at fredrikbobramsberg.net (putting
in @ instead of bob)

/Fredrik

Jason <jdevlin1984@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this would work, but your friend could try downloading the
> bundle for all the windows interpreters from...
>
> Then all they'd have to do is double-click on the executable and press next
> a few times. I don't know anything about reader software or JAWS, so I'm
> not sure if this would work but at least they wouldn't have to unzip
> anything.

Thanks! Passed the advice on.

Also thanks to Jess Knoch for her helpfulness.