Dual boot problem....

Hi All,

I have a PC which has been built to dual boot between windows XP and server
2003. Recently i have had a problem with it not being able to boot into
server 2003. It gives the options at the start of either the XP or server
operating system, but every time i choose the server option it just reboots
itself.

Can anyone give me any advise as i don't really want to rebuild the machine.

Kind Regards

--
Peter
2 answers Last reply

    Boot from the Server 2003 CD and perform a repair install.

    See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Tips, How To Do a Repair Installation. The procedure is the same for Server 2003, just make sure you select your server installation for repair.
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Peter F" <PeterF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FB801E-E91A-4A88-97E9-DE69FBAD96B1@microsoft.com...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a PC which has been built to dual boot between windows XP and server
    > 2003. Recently i have had a problem with it not being able to boot into
    > server 2003. It gives the options at the start of either the XP or server
    > operating system, but every time i choose the server option it just reboots
    > itself.
    >
    > Can anyone give me any advise as i don't really want to rebuild the machine.
    >
    > Kind Regards
    >

    > --
    > Peter

    Check the contents of the boot.ini file, specifically the partition number
    for the server option

    Jon

    "Peter F" <PeterF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a PC which has been built to dual boot between windows XP and
    > server
    > 2003. Recently i have had a problem with it not being able to boot into
    > server 2003. It gives the options at the start of either the XP or server
    > operating system, but every time i choose the server option it just
    > reboots
    > itself.
    >
    > Can anyone give me any advise as i don't really want to rebuild the
    > machine.
    >
    > Kind Regards
    >

    > --
    > Peter