system restore

July 6, 2005 7:33:01 AM

I cannot turn system restore on. Have looked for system restore tab in
"system" in the control panel but there are no tabs or reference to system
restore. I am system administrator so have enough privileges. Am running XP
Pro an have SP2 installed.

More about : system restore

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:45:13 AM

Click Start, Run (Type) Services.Msc [Enter]

Locate System Restore Service and note it's Startup Type &
Status fields. It should be set for "Automatic" startup and in the
status field it should be Started.

Also because you are running Professional, there are Group
policies that could be active that would disable System Restore.

"raynz" <raynz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot turn system restore on. Have looked for system restore tab in
> "system" in the control panel but there are no tabs or reference to
> system
> restore. I am system administrator so have enough privileges. Am running
> XP
> Pro an have SP2 installed.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:45:14 AM

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> Click Start, Run (Type) Services.Msc [Enter]
>
> Locate System Restore Service and note it's Startup Type &
> Status fields. It should be set for "Automatic" startup and in the
> status field it should be Started.
>
> Also because you are running Professional, there are Group
> policies that could be active that would disable System Restore.
>

> "raynz" <raynz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot turn system restore on. Have looked for system restore tab in
> > "system" in the control panel but there are no tabs or reference to
> > system
> > restore. I am system administrator so have enough privileges. Am running
> > XP
> > Pro an have SP2 installed.
>

> Thanks R. McCarty
but the problem still remains. Do you know why I might not have any system
restore tabs come up on the "system " control panel?
July 6, 2005 11:34:52 AM

Could be a Policy restriction. Do you use or have any other
type of System recovery software installed that might supersede
the built-in SR ?
You should use the Group Policy snap-in to check the Computer,
Administrative Templates, System - System Restore and make
sure the Policy for "Turn Off System Restore" is not enabled.
Click Start, Run (Type) GPedit.Msc [Enter]
- Navigate to the path above, to locate the Policy Key.

> "R. McCarty" wrote:
>
>> Click Start, Run (Type) Services.Msc [Enter]
>>
>> Locate System Restore Service and note it's Startup Type &
>> Status fields. It should be set for "Automatic" startup and in the
>> status field it should be Started.
>>
>> Also because you are running Professional, there are Group
>> policies that could be active that would disable System Restore.
>>

>> "raynz" <raynz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I cannot turn system restore on. Have looked for system restore tab in
>> > "system" in the control panel but there are no tabs or reference to
>> > system
>> > restore. I am system administrator so have enough privileges. Am
>> > running
>> > XP
>> > Pro an have SP2 installed.
>>

>> Thanks R. McCarty
> but the problem still remains. Do you know why I might not have any system
> restore tabs come up on the "system " control panel?
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:05:04 PM

!