Thanks,

is it just me, or is java 04 suddenly faster than 02

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> **FYI, Not an Advertisement
>
> Sun has posted an updated version of their Java 1_5_0_04
> Download site here:
> http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>
> Also, they've moved/reconfigured their "Verification" or testing site
> that checks your install & tests for the latest version.
> New Java Test site @:
> http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It also appears faster to me.

"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> writes:
>It also appears faster to me.

For what sorts of things? Using the client VM or the server VM?
(there is an option to let you choose, the server VM did more
optimizations and thus used to have slower startup, thus be slower
for tiny little apps but faster for longer running or calculation
intensive apps, but the difference in startup seems to me to be
almost invisible and for long running biginteger apps the server
optimizations can give substantial increases in speed for my code)

"Don Taylor" <dont@agora.rdrop.com> wrote in message
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> writes:
>>It also appears faster to me.
>
> For what sorts of things?

quicker presentation of webpages html/java in ie.
basically its overall faster www page loading & display of any
website/webpages that rely heavily on java ... on my laptop.