Sun Java FYI

July 6, 2005 11:20:12 AM

**FYI, Not an Advertisement

Sun has posted an updated version of their Java 1_5_0_04
Download site here:
http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Also, they've moved/reconfigured their "Verification" or testing site
that checks your install & tests for the latest version.
New Java Test site @:
http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

More about : sun java fyi

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:53:02 PM

Thanks,

is it just me, or is java 04 suddenly faster than 02

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> **FYI, Not an Advertisement
>
> Sun has posted an updated version of their Java 1_5_0_04
> Download site here:
> http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>
> Also, they've moved/reconfigured their "Verification" or testing site
> that checks your install & tests for the latest version.
> New Java Test site @:
> http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

July 6, 2005 5:53:03 PM

It also appears faster to me.
"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
> Thanks,
>
> is it just me, or is java 04 suddenly faster than 02
>

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> **FYI, Not an Advertisement
>>
>> Sun has posted an updated version of their Java 1_5_0_04
>> Download site here:
>> http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>>
>> Also, they've moved/reconfigured their "Verification" or testing site
>> that checks your install & tests for the latest version.
>> New Java Test site @:
>> http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

July 7, 2005 3:43:56 AM

"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> writes:
>It also appears faster to me.

For what sorts of things? Using the client VM or the server VM?
(there is an option to let you choose, the server VM did more
optimizations and thus used to have slower startup, thus be slower
for tiny little apps but faster for longer running or calculation
intensive apps, but the difference in startup seems to me to be
almost invisible and for long running biginteger apps the server
optimizations can give substantial increases in speed for my code)

>"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
>> Thanks,
>>
>> is it just me, or is java 04 suddenly faster than 02
>>

>> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> **FYI, Not an Advertisement
>>>
>>> Sun has posted an updated version of their Java 1_5_0_04
>>> Download site here:
>>> http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>>>
>>> Also, they've moved/reconfigured their "Verification" or testing site
>>> that checks your install & tests for the latest version.
>>> New Java Test site @:
>>> http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:25:39 PM

"Don Taylor" <dont@agora.rdrop.com> wrote in message
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> writes:
>>It also appears faster to me.
>
> For what sorts of things?

quicker presentation of webpages html/java in ie.
basically its overall faster www page loading & display of any
website/webpages that rely heavily on java ... on my laptop.
!