Are there any RPG fans out there?

mbs081200

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
If anyone out there is an RPG fan, let me know if you have tried or heard anything about Wizardry 8. I'm a big fan of the series and its been a long time since the last installment. From all the previews, it looks like the same old Wizardry game to me, which might be bad for some but I think its great (if it ain't broke why fix it?) But I don't always trust what I read on sites and in magazines. I'd rather get my info from fellow gamers.

mystic

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
I play rpgs but I'm more of the Bulders Gate/Diablo player.
I tried the wizaedry 8 demo and it was ok nothing really stood out but it was pretty fun if you like those kind of rgps.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I liked it, but if you have broadband then I suggest you download the demo. It takes some getting used too, the battles require alot of tactics. There are tons enemies at times and it can be difficult in some spots. The graphics are fairly good but the games greatest asset is character development. Initially it can be a bit frustrating but as your characters gain strength, the game and the battles become much more fun. If your a fan of RPG's then I'll think you'll like this one.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

mbs081200

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Hey, thanks for the input. I liked Baldur's Gate and Diablo (and of course their sequels) but Wizardry is what got me into gaming. I didn't know there was a demo. Thanks for for the info. I'll check it out.

mbs081200

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Hey Petty Theft, thanks for the good info. You described Wizardry perfectly. I know this might sound funny but, everything you just described is exactly what I love about the series. I think every Wizardry player will tell you that the best part of the game is building your characters. There are few things better than when a thief gets promoted to ninja. Kick ass brother.

Thanks for the info.