Ave of Mythology will not start

Hi. I have just bought Age of Mythology and it will not start. I get
through the beginning trailers, then I see the main menu for about 1/10
of a second and it dies. No messages, nothing. I have done all of the
updating of my video card, tried disabling my sound card, messed with
the acceleration of both my sound and video card, tried a totally
different video card...

Anything I can try?!?!?

"tcrox" <tcroxford@croxautoware.com> wrote in message news:1116117132.942998.79740@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
| Hi. I have just bought Age of Mythology and it will not start. I get
| through the beginning trailers, then I see the main menu for about 1/10
| of a second and it dies. No messages, nothing. I have done all of the
| updating of my video card, tried disabling my sound card, messed with
| the acceleration of both my sound and video card, tried a totally
| different video card...
|
| Anything I can try?!?!?

Hi Torox,

See if your card is listed in this article about known video issues for AOM:
(Age of Mythology) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331147

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User