Return to Ditch Day, Squirrel and Sync Lab

I'm stuck in "Return to Ditch Day."

I can't find the Turbo Power Squirrel. It isn't in the wind tunnel,
and Jay continues to say he thinks it's there. (Is the Power
Squirrel a piece of equipment? If so, the game won't identify
it for me.)

I followed the roof-tops to the Sync Lab, thinking the squirrel
might be there, but I can't get back up to the catwalk after I
lower the stairs on the east side of the lab. I suspect the west
stairs are supposed to be raised when the east stairs are
lowered, and vice versa, but the east set of stairs doesn't
actually appear to drop. (The game says it does, and it raises
the west set of stairs, but the east set doesn't block the way
south the way the game says and I can't climb up them.)
Pushing the button that controls the stairs won't re-lower
the steps on the west side of the lab.

Now, I can't get back to the roof-tops either by way of the
cherry picker or the Sync Lab catwalks.

Help, please.

"Walter Sandsquish" <Sandsquish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm stuck in "Return to Ditch Day."

> I can't find the Turbo Power Squirrel. It isn't in the wind tunnel,
> and Jay continues to say he thinks it's there. (Is the Power
> Squirrel a piece of equipment? If so, the game won't identify
> it for me.)

This seems to be a common problem. There's no need to second-guess yourself,
though.

You probably got misled by a place where it looks like you can keep going, but
you really can't -- this is a red herring. Backtrack and search carefully.

> I followed the roof-tops to the Sync Lab, thinking the squirrel
> might be there, but I can't get back up to the catwalk after I
> lower the stairs on the east side of the lab. I suspect the west
> stairs are supposed to be raised when the east stairs are
> lowered, and vice versa, but the east set of stairs doesn't
> actually appear to drop. (The game says it does, and it raises
> the west set of stairs, but the east set doesn't block the way
> south the way the game says and I can't climb up them.)
> Pushing the button that controls the stairs won't re-lower
> the steps on the west side of the lab.
>
> Now, I can't get back to the roof-tops either by way of the
> cherry picker or the Sync Lab catwalks.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. You can circumvent this by bringing the cherry
picker back down to ground level before pressing the button. However, you will
have to restore the game from an earlier point.

"Kevin Y." <mrxlz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<< You probably got misled by a place where it looks like you can
keep going, but you really can't -- this is a red herring. Backtrack
and search carefully. >>

Thanks.

(I thought that when I entered the wind tunnel, from the outside,
I was inside the cylinder, I didn't realize the cylinder was inside the
wind tunnel.)

"Kevin Y." <mrxlz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Walter Sandsquish" <Sandsquish@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm stuck in "Return to Ditch Day."

> > I followed the roof-tops to the Sync Lab, thinking the squirrel
> > might be there, but I can't get back up to the catwalk after I
> > lower the stairs on the east side of the lab. I suspect the west
> > stairs are supposed to be raised when the east stairs are
> > lowered, and vice versa, but the east set of stairs doesn't
> > actually appear to drop.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

It is. It'll be fixed in a future update of the game, but for now, you
should probably just avoid pushing the button.

(ONE MORE MINOR
R)

The button doesn't really do anything important anyway; it just opens a
shortcut out of the lab, while cutting off access to the long way around
(via the rooftops and cherry picker). If you don't mind taking the long way
around each time, you can just ignore the button entirely.

--Mike
mjr underscore at hotmail dot com