Accessing previously protected files

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I had a bunch of old documents in My Documents folder that I copied to
another computer. Then I did a clean installation on the original computer
and copied the documents into the new My Documents folder. However, I can't
access any of my old documents or folders because they were protected. How
can I override the user rights on the old folders?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User