browny

ok my sims 2 is running pretty slow :(

now my computer has
intel celeron 2.60GHz
224MB of RAM
directX 9.0c
2.59GHz (dunno what this is)

is there anything that can make this game quicker.
already lowered performance with it:(

Hi Browny,

What type of Video Card do you have?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9171119D-2ED6-4BAE-BCE9-B7CD0EF0AFCD@microsoft.com...
| how can i check?

I'm glad you asked! :)

Here are a few ways to identify which video card you have
installed on your computer.

1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Click the Display Tab
Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings Tab
Click the Advanced... button
Click the Adapter Tab

3. Click Start / Run / type: msinfo32
Click on the + Components
Click on Display to see the name on the right

4. Run Aida32 to see what Video, Chipset and Motherboard
you have: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

5. Get the information from the manufactures website (or store)

6. Look on the Video card itself if you plug into a card, or

7. Look in your Motherboard manual if you plug into the
on board video built into the motherboard of your computer.

Hope that helps you identify the make and model of your video card,
and afterwards, Try updating your Video drivers using these steps:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers Good Luck! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

browny

usefull things there but i need 1 more thing
my video card is a SiS 650 with a memory size of 32MB.
i have been looking for an update but cant find one.

Hi Browny,

If you have a SiS, then you don't have an actual video
card, but just a set of video chips on your motherboard.

It is normal that SIMS 2 will run slowly on your system.
In fact, for the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21