the sims 2

ok my sims 2 is running pretty slow :(

now my computer has
intel celeron 2.60GHz
224MB of RAM
directX 9.0c
2.59GHz (dunno what this is)

is there anything that can make this game quicker.
already lowered performance with it:(
5 answers Last reply
More about sims

    Hi Browny,

    What type of Video Card do you have?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC29DC39-AA61-4005-B31A-416C0942DEDE@microsoft.com...
    | ok my sims 2 is running pretty slow :(
    |
    | now my computer has
    | intel celeron 2.60GHz
    | 224MB of RAM
    | directX 9.0c
    | 2.59GHz (dunno what this is)
    |
    | is there anything that can make this game quicker.
    | already lowered performance with it:(

    how can i check?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    "Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9171119D-2ED6-4BAE-BCE9-B7CD0EF0AFCD@microsoft.com...
    | how can i check?

    I'm glad you asked! :-)

    Here are a few ways to identify which video card you have
    installed on your computer.

    1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
    Click the Display Tab
    Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

    2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
    Click Display
    Click the Settings Tab
    Click the Advanced... button
    Click the Adapter Tab

    3. Click Start / Run / type: msinfo32
    Click on the + Components
    Click on Display to see the name on the right

    4. Run Aida32 to see what Video, Chipset and Motherboard
    you have: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

    5. Get the information from the manufactures website (or store)

    6. Look on the Video card itself if you plug into a card, or

    7. Look in your Motherboard manual if you plug into the
    on board video built into the motherboard of your computer.

    Hope that helps you identify the make and model of your video card,
    and afterwards, Try updating your Video drivers using these steps:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers Good Luck! :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    usefull things there but i need 1 more thing
    my video card is a SiS 650 with a memory size of 32MB.
    i have been looking for an update but cant find one.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Browny,

    If you have a SiS, then you don't have an actual video
    card, but just a set of video chips on your motherboard.

    It is normal that SIMS 2 will run slowly on your system.
    In fact, for the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    --

    "Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F1A6E7B-3B71-41FD-9291-505472F3D851@microsoft.com...
    | usefull things there but i need 1 more thing
    | my video card is a SiS 650 with a memory size of 32MB.
    | i have been looking for an update but cant find one.

Sims Games Video Games