Would you play something like that?

I had a storyidea and im not sure if i should develop it further.Could you
look at it and tell me what you think?

Sandperson(Concept)
===================
Actors:
--------------
Marla->A formerly Muse,who now trys to work in the men dominated world of
the sandmen buisness
Narrator->the narrator of the 60 Batman and Robin Show has a new job to
narrate the adventures of Marla
Bogeymen->A mad evil sandman
Chief->a sexist pig
Co-Workers->sexist pigs too
Elmond->A shy monster-under-the-bed/sidekick or pet?

World:
--------------

Concepts:
--------------
Spiritual Self:
-Maincharacter can't touch objects in the real world only their spiritual
selfs(SS),
after reading in the handbook how to do this
-A objects that has its SS removed becomes dull
-A SS inserted in another object transmit some of the propertys of its
origin object into it
Dreams
-Marla can insert the mind of a person by touching it
-When a person sleeps Marla can drop some sand to create a dreamcore
-Than she must put 3 SS in it to create a dream(only 1-4 valid dreams pro
person or i will never be finished)
-After that she can enter the dream to direct it in the right direction

Story(so far):
--------------
Intro
Marla lost her job as muse in holywood,because the budget was cut to
increase the budget for webcomics and IF.
In the jobagenture for mystical beings she meets(and learns too hate) the
narrator.The only job the agenture offered her
was the job as toothfairy.
After she complained(a lot) they said that the sandmen will maybe hire
her,because they are short on personal because
of strange cases of disapearance.She agreed to take the job,because
everything is better than touching things that
someone had in his mouth.
The narrator get the job to narrate Marlas adventures,as revenge from the
personel at the jobagenture.

1.Night
-Meets chief and co-workers,endures sexist comments
-Gets handbook and bag with sand but no other help
-First case (easy tutorial like)
****Dreams later****
-Some jokes and personalitybuilding with narrator

2.Night
-more sexist comments
-2. case harder (Can't sleep because MUTB is too silent)
-Meets Elmond(more narrator)

3.Night
-less sexist comments more talk about lost worker last night
-Elmond under desk
-No case this night
-Smuggling Elmond from office to appartment
-More narrator jokes and comments

4.Night
-sexist comments and one is scared that he is the next who dissapers
-1.nightmare case(short sighting of the boogeymen in the nightmare)
-Discovery that the narrator was the Batman and Robin narrator,jokes on
Narrator

-----Maybe break here and first
release------------------------------------------

5.Night
-Narrator pouts at beginning because of jokes
-Scared worker still alive more sexist comments
-Elmond apears at work(again under desk)
-Hard case (Kid don't wants to sleep,does everything to prevent to go to
bed)
-Elmond helps (maybe)

(To be contuined...)

> I had a storyidea and im not sure if i should develop it further.
> Could you look at it and tell me what you think?

Sure I'd play it!

!
!
!

I love the idea of creating different dreams, dependant on which spirits
you mix together, and then entering them and controlling them. There's a
lot of potential for both story and puzzles with that idea. It reminds me a
bit of the dream sequences in Narcolepsy, but as a system the player can
interact with.
Overall, I say go for it.

S.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

"Adrian Fänger" <Faenger@heliweb.de> had a game idea about a sandwoman.

We wantssss itt....

--Max

PS Please
PPS Pretty Please
PPPS Pretty Pretty Please with A Cherry On Top