Windows crashes at startup

On startup the monitor displays the eMachines logo and then the Windows Xp
home logo as normal. directly after that the computer locks up and the
process starts again. This started suddenly, the day before it was fine, the
next it's, well, dead. I noticed another thread similar to this one, and the
user also used an emachines pc. Is this a fault with emachines PCs in
general? or can it be fixed?

Malke

Help! wrote:

> On startup the monitor displays the eMachines logo and then the
> Windows Xp home logo as normal. directly after that the computer locks
> up and the process starts again. This started suddenly, the day before
> it was fine, the next it's, well, dead. I noticed another thread
> similar to this one, and the user also used an emachines pc. Is this a
> fault with emachines PCs in general? or can it be fixed?

There isn't any way to know if this is just something about eMachines,
although they aren't the best-made machines. After all, there is
something to the old adage, "you get what you pay for".

Can you boot into Last Known Good Configuration? Repeatedly tap the F8
key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the correct
menu. Choose "LKGC" and then report back.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com