Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

shortcuts/links

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:18:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I use Canon's Zoom Browser photo suite to download images from a digital
camera and display them as a slide show. I run Win XP home. I also have MS
Office XP Pro.

Under its "Tools/Preferences/Image Editor" feature, it offers "edit images
using the program below" and provides a slot to type in the Target location
of any desired editor.

I would like to use Microsoft Photo Editor . However if I type in its target
location:-
"C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office
Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor" , it changes to :-

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}\misc.exe
and the editor it is not opened when I call up "edit image" in the Canon
application.

I'm assuming this is a Windows related issue
Suggestions would be welcome

--
donwb

More about : shortcuts links

July 6, 2005 10:55:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

donbowyer wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

>I use Canon's Zoom Browser photo suite to download images from a digital
>camera and display them as a slide show. I run Win XP home. I also have MS
>Office XP Pro.
>
>Under its "Tools/Preferences/Image Editor" feature, it offers "edit images
>using the program below" and provides a slot to type in the Target location
>of any desired editor.
>
>I would like to use Microsoft Photo Editor . However if I type in its target
>location:-
>"C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office
>Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor" , it changes to :-
>
>C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}\misc.exe
>and the editor it is not opened when I call up "edit image" in the Canon
>application.
>
>I'm assuming this is a Windows related issue
>Suggestions would be welcome
>

Hi Don

What you are typing in seems to be the location of a shortcut to the
Photo Editor on the Start Menu, not the location of the program itself.
That is probably in C:\Program Files somewhere, possibly under Microsoft
Office?

You need to find where the actual program file is on your disk and type
in the path to that.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:55:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Many thanks for the input.
You were right. Turns out what I was putting in WAS a shortcut.
The executable file is in:-
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE
This worked.
Don
--
donwb


"Nightowl" wrote:

> donbowyer wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:
>
> >I use Canon's Zoom Browser photo suite to download images from a digital
> >camera and display them as a slide show. I run Win XP home. I also have MS
> >Office XP Pro.
> >
> >Under its "Tools/Preferences/Image Editor" feature, it offers "edit images
> >using the program below" and provides a slot to type in the Target location
> >of any desired editor.
> >
> >I would like to use Microsoft Photo Editor . However if I type in its target
> >location:-
> >"C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office
> >Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor" , it changes to :-
> >
> >C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}\misc.exe
> >and the editor it is not opened when I call up "edit image" in the Canon
> >application.
> >
> >I'm assuming this is a Windows related issue
> >Suggestions would be welcome
> >
>
> Hi Don
>
> What you are typing in seems to be the location of a shortcut to the
> Photo Editor on the Start Menu, not the location of the program itself.
> That is probably in C:\Program Files somewhere, possibly under Microsoft
> Office?
>
> You need to find where the actual program file is on your disk and type
> in the path to that.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Nightowl
>
July 7, 2005 4:22:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

donbowyer wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

>Many thanks for the input.
>You were right. Turns out what I was putting in WAS a shortcut.
>The executable file is in:-
>C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE
>This worked.

You're welcome, Don. Glad you've got it working now.
--
Nightowl
!