shortcuts/links

I use Canon's Zoom Browser photo suite to download images from a digital
camera and display them as a slide show. I run Win XP home. I also have MS
Office XP Pro.

Under its "Tools/Preferences/Image Editor" feature, it offers "edit images
using the program below" and provides a slot to type in the Target location
of any desired editor.

I would like to use Microsoft Photo Editor . However if I type in its target
location:-
"C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office
Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor" , it changes to :-

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}\misc.exe
and the editor it is not opened when I call up "edit image" in the Canon
application.

I'm assuming this is a Windows related issue
Suggestions would be welcome

--
donwb
3 answers Last reply

    donbowyer wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

    >I use Canon's Zoom Browser photo suite to download images from a digital
    >camera and display them as a slide show. I run Win XP home. I also have MS
    >Office XP Pro.
    >
    >Under its "Tools/Preferences/Image Editor" feature, it offers "edit images
    >using the program below" and provides a slot to type in the Target location
    >of any desired editor.
    >
    >I would like to use Microsoft Photo Editor . However if I type in its target
    >location:-
    >"C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office
    >Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor" , it changes to :-
    >
    >C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}\misc.exe
    >and the editor it is not opened when I call up "edit image" in the Canon
    >application.
    >
    >I'm assuming this is a Windows related issue
    >Suggestions would be welcome

    Hi Don

    What you are typing in seems to be the location of a shortcut to the
    Photo Editor on the Start Menu, not the location of the program itself.
    That is probably in C:\Program Files somewhere, possibly under Microsoft
    Office?

    You need to find where the actual program file is on your disk and type
    in the path to that.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Nightowl

    Many thanks for the input.
    You were right. Turns out what I was putting in WAS a shortcut.
    The executable file is in:-
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE
    This worked.
    Don
    --
    donwb

    "Nightowl" wrote:

    > donbowyer wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:
    >
    > >I use Canon's Zoom Browser photo suite to download images from a digital
    > >camera and display them as a slide show. I run Win XP home. I also have MS
    > >Office XP Pro.
    > >
    > >Under its "Tools/Preferences/Image Editor" feature, it offers "edit images
    > >using the program below" and provides a slot to type in the Target location
    > >of any desired editor.
    > >
    > >I would like to use Microsoft Photo Editor . However if I type in its target
    > >location:-
    > >"C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office
    > >Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor" , it changes to :-
    > >
    > >C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}\misc.exe
    > >and the editor it is not opened when I call up "edit image" in the Canon
    > >application.
    > >
    > >I'm assuming this is a Windows related issue
    > >Suggestions would be welcome
    > >

    > Hi Don
    >
    > What you are typing in seems to be the location of a shortcut to the
    > Photo Editor on the Start Menu, not the location of the program itself.
    > That is probably in C:\Program Files somewhere, possibly under Microsoft
    > Office?
    >
    > You need to find where the actual program file is on your disk and type
    > in the path to that.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > --
    > Nightowl

    donbowyer wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

    >Many thanks for the input.
    >You were right. Turns out what I was putting in WAS a shortcut.
    >The executable file is in:-
    >C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE
    >This worked.

    You're welcome, Don. Glad you've got it working now.
    --
    Nightowl

Photo Microsoft Windows XP