Necrotic Drift - Help needed

Having received the Necrotic Drift package from feelies.org a week ago
(Woohoo!), I just having finished it. The game is awesome, so if
anyone of you didn't play it yet, please do so. You should also
consider buying the feelies: the CD and case look great. However, I
just can't figure out the last puzzle:

Spoiler Space
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
How do I get Audrey to perform the blood transfusion for Casey? I have
the bag of blood, but when I leave the mall the text says that I drop
the bag because it had spoiled or something. I can't give it to Audrey
after finishing the vampire. I can't give it to Casey or perform the
transfusion by myself. Have I overlooked something?

Bob

"Bob_Woodward" <soenke_k@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Having received the Necrotic Drift package from feelies.org a week ago
> (Woohoo!), I just having finished it. The game is awesome, so if
> anyone of you didn't play it yet, please do so. You should also
> consider buying the feelies: the CD and case look great. However, I
> just can't figure out the last puzzle:
>
> Spoiler Space
> -
> -
> -
>
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
>
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> How do I get Audrey to perform the blood transfusion for Casey? I have
> the bag of blood, but when I leave the mall the text says that I drop
> the bag because it had spoiled or something. I can't give it to Audrey
> after finishing the vampire. I can't give it to Casey or perform the
> transfusion by myself. Have I overlooked something?
>
> Bob

Sorry I can't be of any help to you with this problem, but I also need some
help with it myself, on an unrelated issue, so that's why I'm replying. My
question is: How Much of the game is graphical in nature, and would it be
possible to create a text-based version that could be played by the blind?
Or are the graphics essential to the story?
Thanks In Advance, and Sorry about the offtopic post,
Zack

"Zachary" <Z_kline@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Bob_Woodward" <soenke_k@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Having received the Necrotic Drift package from feelies.org a week ago
>> (Woohoo!), I just having finished it. The game is awesome, so if
>> anyone of you didn't play it yet, please do so. You should also
>> consider buying the feelies: the CD and case look great. However, I
>> just can't figure out the last puzzle:
>>
>> Spoiler Space
>> -
>> -
>> -
>>
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>>
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> How do I get Audrey to perform the blood transfusion for Casey? I have
>> the bag of blood, but when I leave the mall the text says that I drop
>> the bag because it had spoiled or something. I can't give it to Audrey
>> after finishing the vampire. I can't give it to Casey or perform the
>> transfusion by myself. Have I overlooked something?
>>
>> Bob
>
> Sorry I can't be of any help to you with this problem, but I also need
> some
> help with it myself, on an unrelated issue, so that's why I'm replying.
> My
> question is: How Much of the game is graphical in nature, and would it be
> possible to create a text-based version that could be played by the blind?
> Or are the graphics essential to the story?
> Thanks In Advance, and Sorry about the offtopic post,
> Zack

To reply to the non-spoiler question first: in my experience, the graphics
mainly serve to illustrate locations and differentiate between characters. I
don't believe they contain anything that the text doesn't bring to
attention.

There has been some discussion about this, showing that some people do seem
to think that the graphics are necessary. The issue of blindness didn't seem
to be discussed, though.

As for the spoilers:

There is one more problem to deal with before leaving the mall. This will,
quite indirectly, solve your problem.

In article <3e174d1e.0409111052.345aabe4@posting.google.com>,
Bob_Woodward <soenke_k@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Having received the Necrotic Drift package from feelies.org a week ago
>(Woohoo!), I just having finished it. The game is awesome, so if
>anyone of you didn't play it yet, please do so. You should also
>consider buying the feelies: the CD and case look great. However, I
>just can't figure out the last puzzle:
>
>Spoiler Space
>-
>-
>-
>
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>How do I get Audrey to perform the blood transfusion for Casey? I have
>the bag of blood, but when I leave the mall the text says that I drop
>the bag because it had spoiled or something. I can't give it to Audrey
>after finishing the vampire. I can't give it to Casey or perform the
>transfusion by myself. Have I overlooked something?

There's someone/thing besides Casey who wants the bag of blood. That
entity might be able to help you.

Spoiler about ending

Doesn't matter, though, the outcome is the same whether you save her
or not, which I find irritating.

russotto@grace.speakeasy.net (Matthew Russotto) wrote in message news:<yIOdnb8ArsfDcdjcRVn-sA@speakeasy.net>...
> In article <3e174d1e.0409111052.345aabe4@posting.google.com>,
> Bob_Woodward <soenke_k@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Having received the Necrotic Drift package from feelies.org a week ago
> >(Woohoo!), I just having finished it. The game is awesome, so if
> >anyone of you didn't play it yet, please do so. You should also
> >consider buying the feelies: the CD and case look great. However, I
> >just can't figure out the last puzzle:
> >
> >Spoiler Space
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >-
> >How do I get Audrey to perform the blood transfusion for Casey? I have
> >the bag of blood, but when I leave the mall the text says that I drop
> >the bag because it had spoiled or something. I can't give it to Audrey
> >after finishing the vampire. I can't give it to Casey or perform the
> >transfusion by myself. Have I overlooked something?
>
> There's someone/thing besides Casey who wants the bag of blood. That
> entity might be able to help you.

Thanks, that helped! (Although some nice denizen of IF-mud already
helped me with my problem, but thanks anyway.)

> Spoiler about ending
>

> Doesn't matter, though, the outcome is the same whether you save her
> or not, which I find irritating.

I guess the night was pretty rough even if everybody (of the main
characters that is) survived. If I had the optimal ending in the first
try, I don't think I would have been irritated at all. But you are
right, that I too hoped for a better ending when I saved Casey.

In any case it's a great game!
Bob