Sign in with
Your question

How to reinstall windows 7 in sony vaio y series vpcya15fg

Last response: in Windows 7
September 6, 2012 7:19:22 AM

Hello,
Hey, I had deleted a partition in my sony vaio laptop to install ubuntu. But, in doing so, my Windows 7 is no longer working. How do I get back my windows 7? Vaio y series vpcya15fg doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, and it came preinstalled with original Windows 7. Help me to get back my Windows 7 and install Ubuntu also in a separate partition
September 6, 2012 8:38:50 AM

The only ways I see for you to get Windows 7 back on your notebook, is:

1. Buy downloadable copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft's online store and install it.
2. Get a full copy of Windows 7 on external HDD, connect your external HDD to your notebook and try running Windows 7's installer from there? (I highly doubt it can be done legally?)
3. Same as option #2, but instead of external HDD, maybe copying Windows 7 to flash dongle and try installing it from there?

I'm not recommending doing two last methods, I'm just assuming that it can be done.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2012 9:28:39 AM

Power on holding down Alt and press F10 repeatedly until you get a screen to restore your laptop to Factory Settings. If this fails report back and we'll discuss other options. If it works we'll discuss creating a partition or running Ubuntu from a USB external device if that suits...
m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2012 10:32:20 AM

dodger46 said:
Power on holding down Alt and press F10 repeatedly until you get a screen to restore your laptop to Factory Settings.

I think it's too late...probably won't work.
But...who knows? Let's see...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2012 10:36:27 AM

Depends on what partitions were deleted...
m
l
September 6, 2012 11:25:56 AM

You can install Win 7 and Ubuntu using a USB flash drive making it bootable.
m
l
September 6, 2012 11:37:05 AM

johhny-marshal said:
You can install Win 7 and Ubuntu using a USB flash drive making it bootable.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same thing that I've told him in the #3 of my suggestions.
The thing is in that how well would that work...and the legality issues...
m
l
!