How to reinstall windows 7 in sony vaio y series vpcya15fg

techsavvy001

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hello,
Hey, I had deleted a partition in my sony vaio laptop to install ubuntu. But, in doing so, my Windows 7 is no longer working. How do I get back my windows 7? Vaio y series vpcya15fg doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, and it came preinstalled with original Windows 7. Help me to get back my Windows 7 and install Ubuntu also in a separate partition

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
The only ways I see for you to get Windows 7 back on your notebook, is:

1. Buy downloadable copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft's online store and install it.
2. Get a full copy of Windows 7 on external HDD, connect your external HDD to your notebook and try running Windows 7's installer from there? (I highly doubt it can be done legally?)
3. Same as option #2, but instead of external HDD, maybe copying Windows 7 to flash dongle and try installing it from there?

I'm not recommending doing two last methods, I'm just assuming that it can be done.

Power on holding down Alt and press F10 repeatedly until you get a screen to restore your laptop to Factory Settings. If this fails report back and we'll discuss other options. If it works we'll discuss creating a partition or running Ubuntu from a USB external device if that suits...

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I think it's too late...probably won't work.
But...who knows? Let's see...

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Yeah, that's pretty much the same thing that I've told him in the #3 of my suggestions.
The thing is in that how well would that work...and the legality issues...