  • Microsoft
  • Antivirus
  • Windows XP
July 6, 2005 3:11:06 PM

Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came to my
attention a antivirus program I click for information when my screen turned
all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement ...well is a html
screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run spybot,microsoft beta
spyware,etc and no results...when I right click the screen informed me this
address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html please help

More about : question

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:33:05 PM

Empty your Temporary Internet Files.

Start | Run | Type: %windir% | Click OK |
Scroll down to screen.html and Delete it.

Or do a Search on your machine for screen.html and Delete it.

HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

To delete *all* Temporary Internet Files...

1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
if there are a large number of files.
2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
3) Check the box ? Delete all offline content {This cleans >>
%homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
AND
%homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
and \Content.MSO (Created by an MS Office program)}
4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
temporary internet files
5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
websites have placed on your hard drive.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BC3BE694-711B-4738-A6DE-384FA6267E17@microsoft.com,
luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came
> to my attention a antivirus program I click for information when my
> screen turned all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement
> ...well is a html screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run
> spybot,microsoft beta spyware,etc and no results...when I right click the
> screen informed me this address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html please help
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 5:57:01 AM

hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified a
malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a html
page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but no
results please help...thanks

"luishugo" wrote:

> Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came to my
> attention a antivirus program I click for information when my screen turned
> all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement ...well is a html
> screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run spybot,microsoft beta
> spyware,etc and no results...when I right click the screen informed me this
> address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html please help
July 7, 2005 3:11:36 PM

C:\Windows\screen.html is part of Antivirus Gold.

Antivirus Gold is a supposed AntiSpyware application that gets installed by
Spyware/malware without asking for permission. This infection hijacks your
desktop to display an ad stating you need to buy an antispyware program.

See this.........

How to remove Antivirus Gold or AVGold
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_An...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:362CF438-F581-4B2F-8264-89526275DED0@microsoft.com,
luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified a
> malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a
> html page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but
> no results please help...thanks
>
> "luishugo" wrote:
>
>> Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came
>> to my attention a antivirus program I click for information when my
>> screen turned all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement
>> ...well is a html screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run
>> spybot,microsoft beta spyware,etc and no results...when I right click
>> the screen informed me this address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html
>> please help
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 4:23:01 AM

hello I allready fixed the problem accord your recommendations thanks a lot
you guys are great.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> C:\Windows\screen.html is part of Antivirus Gold.
>
> Antivirus Gold is a supposed AntiSpyware application that gets installed by
> Spyware/malware without asking for permission. This infection hijacks your
> desktop to display an ad stating you need to buy an antispyware program.
>
> See this.........
>
> How to remove Antivirus Gold or AVGold
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_An...
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:362CF438-F581-4B2F-8264-89526275DED0@microsoft.com,
> luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified a
> > malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a
> > html page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but
> > no results please help...thanks
> >
> > "luishugo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came
> >> to my attention a antivirus program I click for information when my
> >> screen turned all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement
> >> ...well is a html screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run
> >> spybot,microsoft beta spyware,etc and no results...when I right click
> >> the screen informed me this address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html
> >> please help

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:59:31 PM

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :-)