please help....

Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came to my
attention a antivirus program I click for information when my screen turned
all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement ...well is a html
screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run spybot,microsoft beta
spyware,etc and no results...when I right click the screen informed me this
address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html please help
5 answers Last reply
More about please help

    Empty your Temporary Internet Files.

    Start | Run | Type: %windir% | Click OK |
    Scroll down to screen.html and Delete it.

    Or do a Search on your machine for screen.html and Delete it.

    HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

    To delete *all* Temporary Internet Files...

    1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
    Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
    Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
    Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
    if there are a large number of files.
    2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
    3) Check the box ? Delete all offline content {This cleans >>
    %homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    AND
    %homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
    and \Content.MSO (Created by an MS Office program)}
    4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
    temporary internet files
    5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
    websites have placed on your hard drive.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:BC3BE694-711B-4738-A6DE-384FA6267E17@microsoft.com,
    luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came
    > to my attention a antivirus program I click for information when my
    > screen turned all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement
    > ...well is a html screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run
    > spybot,microsoft beta spyware,etc and no results...when I right click the
    > screen informed me this address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html please help

    hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified a
    malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a html
    page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but no
    results please help...thanks

    "luishugo" wrote:

    > Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came to my
    > attention a antivirus program I click for information when my screen turned
    > all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement ...well is a html
    > screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run spybot,microsoft beta
    > spyware,etc and no results...when I right click the screen informed me this
    > address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html please help

    C:\Windows\screen.html is part of Antivirus Gold.

    Antivirus Gold is a supposed AntiSpyware application that gets installed by
    Spyware/malware without asking for permission. This infection hijacks your
    desktop to display an ad stating you need to buy an antispyware program.

    See this.........

    How to remove Antivirus Gold or AVGold
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Antivirus_Gold_or_AVGold-t22397.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:362CF438-F581-4B2F-8264-89526275DED0@microsoft.com,
    luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified a
    > malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a
    > html page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but
    > no results please help...thanks
    >
    > "luishugo" wrote:
    >
    >> Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came
    >> to my attention a antivirus program I click for information when my
    >> screen turned all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement
    >> ...well is a html screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run
    >> spybot,microsoft beta spyware,etc and no results...when I right click
    >> the screen informed me this address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html
    >> please help

    hello I allready fixed the problem accord your recommendations thanks a lot
    you guys are great.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > C:\Windows\screen.html is part of Antivirus Gold.
    >
    > Antivirus Gold is a supposed AntiSpyware application that gets installed by
    > Spyware/malware without asking for permission. This infection hijacks your
    > desktop to display an ad stating you need to buy an antispyware program.
    >
    > See this.........
    >
    > How to remove Antivirus Gold or AVGold
    > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Antivirus_Gold_or_AVGold-t22397.html
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:362CF438-F581-4B2F-8264-89526275DED0@microsoft.com,
    > luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified a
    > > malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a
    > > html page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but
    > > no results please help...thanks
    > >
    > > "luishugo" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hello I hope somebody can help me ....I was searching the net when came
    > >> to my attention a antivirus program I click for information when my
    > >> screen turned all black with a big ANTIVIRUS GOLD....?....advertisement
    > >> ...well is a html screen..and I cannot gey ready of it ....I run
    > >> spybot,microsoft beta spyware,etc and no results...when I right click
    > >> the screen informed me this address : file://WINDOWS\screen.html
    > >> please help

    Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:850850F2-F53D-4AF5-AD15-2523082AA587@microsoft.com,
    luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > hello I allready fixed the problem accord your recommendations thanks a
    > lot you guys are great.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> C:\Windows\screen.html is part of Antivirus Gold.
    >>
    >> Antivirus Gold is a supposed AntiSpyware application that gets installed
    >> by Spyware/malware without asking for permission. This infection hijacks
    >> your desktop to display an ad stating you need to buy an antispyware
    >> program.
    >>
    >> See this.........
    >>
    >> How to remove Antivirus Gold or AVGold

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Antivirus_Gold_or_AVGold-t22397.html

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:362CF438-F581-4B2F-8264-89526275DED0@microsoft.com,
    >> luishugo <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> hello I check everything also i downloaded a a2saquared they identified
    >>> a malware and allready deleted ,but my desktop screen still white like a
    >>> html page + file://WINDOWS C \sceen.html ..also I did system restore but
    >>> no results please help...thanks

HTML Microsoft Antivirus Windows XP