I was given a computer by someone who passed. He had a password setup to
logon to xp (after ctrl-alt-del sequence). Is there anyway around this. I
tried the safe mode w/ no password as admin, this did not work.

pls help.

thanks

rick

Malke

rlbo wrote:

> I was given a computer by someone who passed. He had a password setup
> logon to xp (after ctrl-alt-del sequence). Is there anyway around
> this. I tried the safe mode w/ no password as admin, this did not
> work.

Use NTpasswd to change the Administrator password to a blank. Or be
really smart and format/clean install Windows. You don't know what kind
of cruft is on that machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers