Desk top icons and start icon missing

July 6, 2005 3:58:05 PM

ive been forced to work off/on line through my task manager. After
installing DSL and running the anti virus and spyware recommended, my icons
and start emblem vanished upon my restart of windows the next day. IN
DESPERATE NEED OF HELP.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:06:44 PM

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

Your Desktop Icons Are Missing in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330170&Product=winxp

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 195 (right column), click on "Restore Desktop Icons and
Taskbar".

Install this registry fix, then reboot your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

!