Desk top icons and start icon missing

ive been forced to work off/on line through my task manager. After
installing DSL and running the anti virus and spyware recommended, my icons
and start emblem vanished upon my restart of windows the next day. IN
DESPERATE NEED OF HELP.
1 answer Last reply
More about desk icons start icon missing

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Your Desktop Icons Are Missing in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330170&Product=winxp

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
    Item No. 195 (right column), click on "Restore Desktop Icons and
    Taskbar".

    Install this registry fix, then reboot your computer.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "clueless" wrote:

    | I've been forced to work off/on line through my task manager. After
    | installing DSL and running the anti virus and spyware recommended, my icons
    | and start emblem vanished upon my restart of windows the next day. IN
    | DESPERATE NEED OF HELP.

Microsoft Task Manager Icons Windows XP