XP Update problems - unknown error code

I have not been able to succssefully update for some months now, although
were being undertaken successfully before the problem occurred.

I am getting a '0x8007041D' error - basically I get part way through the
process, and then I am told there is an error and it can't be continued.

The only factor I can think of that is coincidental with this problem is the
installing of some spyware - Antiy Ghostbusters. I have had several problems
with this, including losing the ability to connect to the web (altho my
broadband connection is functional) after trying to uninstall it.
Consequently, I have reinstalled it, don't use it, but it seems to have
screwed up my ability to update Windows.

Can anyone help, or has anyone had a similar problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about update problems unknown error code

    Daffy wrote:

    > I have not been able to succssefully update for some months now, although
    > were being undertaken successfully before the problem occurred.
    >
    > I am getting a '0x8007041D' error - basically I get part way through the
    > process, and then I am told there is an error and it can't be continued.
    >
    > The only factor I can think of that is coincidental with this problem is the
    > installing of some spyware - Antiy Ghostbusters. I have had several problems
    > with this, including losing the ability to connect to the web (altho my
    > broadband connection is functional) after trying to uninstall it.
    > Consequently, I have reinstalled it, don't use it, but it seems to have
    > screwed up my ability to update Windows.
    >
    > Can anyone help, or has anyone had a similar problem?

    You might want to post your question to the experts in the windows
    update newsgroup and search that one for similar problems and solutions:

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Microsoft Windows XP