HELP SLOW TRANSFER FROM ONE DRIVE TO THE NEXT INTERNALLY

July 6, 2005 4:34:01 PM

HELP ...I recently (two days ago) reinstalled windows xp pro and i have
noticed that when a move a folder from one drive to the next it is soooo slow
it takes forever did I do something wrong ...some setting wrong?? i used to
move folders like greased lightning ...any suggestions??
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 7:01:23 PM

Motherboard drivers perhaps to support DMA access to the drives. For VIA
chip sets the 4in1 drivers and for Intel something like Intel Accelerator.

Jill wrote:
> HELP ...I recently (two days ago) reinstalled windows xp pro and i have
> noticed that when a move a folder from one drive to the next it is soooo slow
> it takes forever did I do something wrong ...some setting wrong?? i used to
> move folders like greased lightning ...any suggestions??
July 7, 2005 7:16:02 AM

Thanks BOB
you were 100% right on the money ....gawd it was so slow ...kinfd of like
the 286's my parents used to use ...BIC 20?

"Jill" wrote:

> HELP ...I recently (two days ago) reinstalled windows xp pro and i have
> noticed that when a move a folder from one drive to the next it is soooo slow
> it takes forever did I do something wrong ...some setting wrong?? i used to
> move folders like greased lightning ...any suggestions??
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 12:58:16 PM

Glad your system is back to normal, enjoy!