HELP SLOW TRANSFER FROM ONE DRIVE TO THE NEXT INTERNALLY

Jill

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2003

HELP ...I recently (two days ago) reinstalled windows xp pro and i have
noticed that when a move a folder from one drive to the next it is soooo slow
it takes forever did I do something wrong ...some setting wrong?? i used to
move folders like greased lightning ...any suggestions??

Motherboard drivers perhaps to support DMA access to the drives. For VIA
chip sets the 4in1 drivers and for Intel something like Intel Accelerator.

Jill wrote:
> HELP ...I recently (two days ago) reinstalled windows xp pro and i have
> noticed that when a move a folder from one drive to the next it is soooo slow
> it takes forever did I do something wrong ...some setting wrong?? i used to
> move folders like greased lightning ...any suggestions??

Jill

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2003

Thanks BOB
you were 100% right on the money ....gawd it was so slow ...kinfd of like
the 286's my parents used to use ...BIC 20?

"Jill" wrote:

> HELP ...I recently (two days ago) reinstalled windows xp pro and i have
> noticed that when a move a folder from one drive to the next it is soooo slow
> it takes forever did I do something wrong ...some setting wrong?? i used to
> move folders like greased lightning ...any suggestions??

Glad your system is back to normal, enjoy!