Multiple MN-700's as AP's

Here's the setup: I am running a medium sized Windows 2003 Domain with
about 500 clients, I purchased 9 of the MN-700's to use strictly as AP's on
the network. They recieve their IP's from a W2K3 DHCP server, and will be
scattered throughout the physical area. They will all be hooked directly to
the LAN, with the workstations hooked directly into one of the switch ports
on the AP (1-4).

Here's the issue: All of the access points want to use one of two MAC
addresses, either 020D3A735339 or 020D3A735338. Note that neither of these
two MAC's are the same as the one that is listed on the bottom (or side
depending on how you look at it) of the MN-700. Obviously 9 AP's cannot use
2 MAC's as DHCP will only allow the first two on the network, then it
rejects giving addresses to the rest because of the duplicate MAC's.

Any answers would be appreciated, as I spent over an hour on the phone with
Microsoft and that did absolutely no good. Thanks,

-DB

Go to the WAN screen in each router, change the connection
type to dynamic, and change the MAC address to whatever
you need or want ^_^

Typically this is used to clone the MAC address of the
initial PC that was registered with the ISP. Oddly enough,
the original MAC address I have is different from the two
you have...

Here was the solution that I found about the same Lilo replied to my post
(thanks Lilo):

1. Reset the MN-700(s)

2. Attach to your PC again as if it was a new setup.

3. Using the Microsoft supplied Broadband Network Utility software, do a
setup giving it the password, WEP key etc. Then you can set the MAC using
one of the following two methods:
3a. 1) set it in the setup phase when the program prompts you for the
host name and MAC address that your ISP will need.
3b. 2) once setup has run, use the 'Base Station Management Tool' on the
MS software, after logging into the unit click on the 'Wide Area Network' on
the left hand side. You will get a screen with the IP addresses ect., go
towards the middle of the page and just above a button that says 'Clone MAC
Address', is the place where you can enter the host name and MAC address.
NOTE: I used the MAC off of the bottom of the unit itself.

4. While using the 'Base Station Management Tool' software you can then
switch the unit to Base Station Mode instead of Router Mode and you should
be good to go.

BTW...if anyone cares to know why this happened (HINT MS...ARE YOU
LISTENING??), it was because I had saved the settings off of the first WAP I
setup and then used the Backup/Restore utility to restore the settings to
the rest of the units as I was using the MAC Allow/Deny feature as part of
my security along with WEP and since the MAC list was quite long I did not
want to produce the list manually on every WAP. I did not know and it did
not say in the manual that doing so would reset the MAC Addresses as well.
This immediately brings two improvement opportunities to mind for Microsoft;
one is to publish the fact that doing a restore WILL overwrite the MAC
Addresses as well, the second is to have a way to export the MAC list when
doing MAC filtering as a part of your security so that you can import it
into your other WAP's.

I hope this helps someone else in the future. Thanks,

Dion