How toTransfer data from one pc to another?

Hello All,

I want to back up my entire disc but I only have another older pc with which
to send the contents/data to.

My simlpe question is: How do I transfer the data from one computers dsc to
the other. It is stored in the form of an acronis file.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about totransfer data another

    You have two choices. Wired or wireless network. Or you can use the Files
    And Settings Transfer wizard, and a crossover cable, to do the work.

    "Charlotte" <charlotte@sometimes.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I want to back up my entire disc but I only have another older pc with
    > which to send the contents/data to.
    >
    > My simlpe question is: How do I transfer the data from one computers dsc
    > to the other. It is stored in the form of an acronis file.
    >
    > Thanks

    Power down both computers
    Take the HD out of the old computer and install it as a slave in the new
    computer.
    turn the system on
    start Acronis true image and image the new machines drive to the HD from
    the old machine.
    power down and reverse the procedure.
    peterk

    the problem

    "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > You have two choices. Wired or wireless network. Or you can use the
    > Files And Settings Transfer wizard, and a crossover cable, to do the work.

    Charlotte:
    Well, a bit more than two choices...

    But Charlotte, you've got to give a bit more information as to your
    objective, to wit...

    1. When you say you want to back up your "entire disc", I take it you want
    to *clone* the contents of that disk, including the XP operating system,
    your registry settings, your programs, your created data files -- in short,
    *everything* that's on that disk to another disk. Is that correct? Or is it
    just your created data files and/or installed programs you're interested in
    backing up?

    2. And you want to clone (transfer - copy) those contents to a drive on a
    different (older) computer for backup purposes, yes? Is there some reason
    why you would want to have a cloned copy of (I presume) your working drive
    on another computer? Is it for an additional layer of security? If you'll be
    using the drive in that "older pc" just for backup purposes, would it not be
    more practical to install that drive in a USB enclosure and connect it to
    your day-to-day computer for backup purposes?

    3. You mention having an "acronis file". Do you have the Acronis True Image
    8 disk imaging program? Is it installed on your computer? Have you used it?

    In order for you to get a meaningful response from me and others, it really
    would be helpful if you would provide more information along the lines I've
    indicated.
    Anna

Computers Microsoft Windows XP