Geil golden dragon is a duche with 2-2-2-11

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Tryin to finalize my report on this quirk of that geil golden dragon 3200/3500 will not do 2-2-2-11 on nf2 mobos. Really there is no difference between the stock 2-3-3-6 timmings but that 2-2-2-11 would be braggin rights. OCZ and Mushkin seems to play cool with these timmings but all the Geil I get my hands on acts like a duche with 2-2-2-11.

Does anyone else use this product and get this issue? If so could you tell me which mobo you are using? Thanks...

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Isn't 2-2-2-5 better than 2-2-2-6 which both are much better than 2-2-2-11???

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Well in the nforce2 world, the higher precharge delay is better so 2-2-2-11 does better than 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-6.

This probably only implies with all ram except Geil for it is a duche with these settings. Just gotta make sure you get the ram that can do the lower timmings first.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

you've just discovered the word "duesh" haven't you? :lol:

Do you know what a Duesh is? U'll be plesently suprised!

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Not even going to entertain that with a proper response.

Its just a word of the month..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
"Dusche" is German for "Shower".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

A dusche is also an instrument for cleaning the woman parts :lol:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
And an enama is what you use for cleaning your parts?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
A dusche is also an instrument for cleaning the woman parts
Ned I think you are old enough to use the word vagina now.

Anyway earlier in this post someone said 2-2-2-11 is fast than 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-6? Is this true, surely a lower precharge is better?

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
Some info <A HREF="http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/dfi_nfii_ultrab/5.shtml" target="_new">here</A>:
In the case of the nForce2 dual memory controllers, the situation is slightly more complicated since the two controllers can simultaneously access the different Ranks of memory. The key issue is that two pages can be accessed simultaneously but, because of the CPU interface-bottleneck only data from one controller can reach the CPU while the second controller will be in a "holding pattern" until the ongoing transfer is completed.

As a consequence, tRAS needs to be set long enough to comply with two consecutive bursts, that is a burst of 8 (four cycles) off the first controller and a burst of 4 (2 cycles) off the second controller (plus the initial access latencies). An in-detail explanation of all latency and transfer parameters involved would exceed the scope of this review but suffice it to say that if we do the math, the optimal tRAS value turns out as 11 T (using 2:3:2 latency memory), which has also empirically be found to yield the highest results. The modified "formula" is to set tRAS to tRCD + CAS delay + 6 cycles for best performance and stability.