Hi all, I just swapped my hard drive (80Gb) for a 1tb, which is now giving me the "windows is starting" stall where the four stars/orbs collide to make the windows flag, this is during windows seven installation.
A little back story on this:
1. Had a 500GB hard drive it died, due to being old
2. Backed up as much as I could.
3. Re-installed windows
4. Hard drive completely died
5. Replaced hard drive (On the prior mentioned 80GB hard drive)
6. Was having errors installing windows on the drive. Very similar to this. Had to do a combination of things to get it working.
In the end it was the mobo jumper which fixed it.
7. Bought a 1tb hard drive.
8. Replaced 80gb with 1tb hard drive.
9. Windows is now giving me the "Windows is Starting" stall whist installing windows 7.
10. Tried fiddling with the mobo jumper, mobo battery, mobo settings, USB settings, having only two gigs of ram, Pulling all un-nessary cards out.
Also: It's not the installation disc, I've tried with another Windows XP disc.
It's not the hard drive either because the BIOS know's it's there.