error message "cannot locate the CD-ROM" when starting games

July 6, 2005 7:08:02 PM

I am ring XP pro on a AND 3200xp machine, I have just loaded BF1942 and
IGI-2 and when I attemp to run either game I get the error message "cannot
locate the CD-ROM". I have 2 dvd drives and i get the same error message no
matter which drive I use for the game cd.

Please help.
--
max gamer
Anonymous

Try run,type:regedit In regedit,expand,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,software,
microsoft,windows,current version,L.click on or open set-up.The installation
sources and source path should be the same as in "my computer" or whatever
cdrom you use for installations from cd.To change,L.click on one,go to edit,
modify,change the letter,close out.

"d1mcguire" wrote:

> I am ring XP pro on a AND 3200xp machine, I have just loaded BF1942 and
> IGI-2 and when I attemp to run either game I get the error message "cannot
> locate the CD-ROM". I have 2 dvd drives and i get the same error message no
> matter which drive I use for the game cd.
>
> Please help.
> --
> max gamer
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:31:44 AM

Go to megagames.com and download a no-cd crack. Get the right one and don't
even have to put the cd in the drive. Solves that bs!

"d1mcguire" <d1mcguire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am ring XP pro on a AND 3200xp machine, I have just loaded BF1942 and
> IGI-2 and when I attemp to run either game I get the error message "cannot
> locate the CD-ROM". I have 2 dvd drives and i get the same error message
> no
> matter which drive I use for the game cd.
>
> Please help.
> --
> max gamer
July 7, 2005 3:43:46 AM

Are these cd's copies?

"d1mcguire" <d1mcguire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am ring XP pro on a AND 3200xp machine, I have just loaded BF1942 and
> IGI-2 and when I attemp to run either game I get the error message "cannot
> locate the CD-ROM". I have 2 dvd drives and i get the same error message
> no
> matter which drive I use for the game cd.
>
> Please help.
> --
> max gamer
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 5:17:01 AM

No the Game CD's are not copies, they are the original thing. This problem
only ever happens with XP, never in W2K. The fix that I have done before is
to connect an external cd/dvd drive (via USB or FireWire) and use that as the
source drive for all gaming which is a needless activity. I'll let you know
which of the suggestions
do work..

many thanks to all
--
max gamer

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Are these cd's copies?

> "d1mcguire" <d1mcguire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am ring XP pro on a AND 3200xp machine, I have just loaded BF1942 and
> > IGI-2 and when I attemp to run either game I get the error message "cannot
> > locate the CD-ROM". I have 2 dvd drives and i get the same error message
> > no
> > matter which drive I use for the game cd.
> >
> > Please help.
> > --
> > max gamer

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:24:04 PM

Just to let you all know, the CD-Crack worked. The RegEdit was no help as
everything there was OK.

Many thanks
--
max gamer