Time Zone resets after a reboot, but time is still OK.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After every reboot of my computer the timezone resets from Arizona time to
GMT(Greenwich Mean Time) . When I reset the time zone back the time/date
are correct again, so I don't think it's my mother board battery.

My System::
Windows XP SP 1 installed on a IBM ThinkCenter 8187 P4. The computer is
on a private network with no access to the internet. Also the check box to
update time from a time server is not checked.

The easiest way to fix this would be to install SP2.

The problem is sort of related to this issue described at this kb article.
However, the resolution is the same (fix included in SP2)

You cannot change the time zone setting on a Windows XP-based computer over
a remote desktop connection
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833551

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After every reboot of my computer the timezone resets from Arizona time to
> GMT(Greenwich Mean Time) . When I reset the time zone back the
> time/date
> are correct again, so I don't think it's my mother board battery.
>
> My System::
> Windows XP SP 1 installed on a IBM ThinkCenter 8187 P4. The computer is
> on a private network with no access to the internet. Also the check box
> update time from a time server is not checked.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That was excatly the problem. I was trying to change the time over a Remote
Destop Connection, I just didn't mention it because I thought it was not
related.
Shame on me for not adding that detail :)

Thanks Gary...