How do I turn this thing OFF?

Tags:
September 12, 2004 7:12:36 AM

I got a Tungsten T3. I went through all the install stuff. I loaded on
some files to read. I clicked on one. The screen said "wait a minute",
then slowly began to fade. Eventually it went to blue where it still is,
ten minutes later. If my computer did this I'd turn it off to reset...
but THIS thingie ignores the off button even when I hold it down.

Removing the battery of course is flat out. Anybody out there know what
the equivalent of a three finger salute on a Palm Tungsten T3 is? The
manual is no help whatsoever...
--
Kay Shapero
reply address munged - use earthlink.net

More about : turn thing

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:17:58 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:12:36 +0000, Kay Shapero wrote:

> I got a Tungsten T3. I went through all the install stuff. I loaded on
> some files to read. I clicked on one. The screen said "wait a minute",
> then slowly began to fade. Eventually it went to blue where it still is,
> ten minutes later. If my computer did this I'd turn it off to reset...
> but THIS thingie ignores the off button even when I hold it down.
>
> Removing the battery of course is flat out. Anybody out there know what
> the equivalent of a three finger salute on a Palm Tungsten T3 is? The
> manual is no help whatsoever...

Sounds broken, but here's something you might try: go to Preferences
and select Power. There's a "Power off when closed" box that's
unchecked by default.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:20:05 AM

In article <pan.2004.09.12.03.16.40.263735@acm.org>, jim@acm.org says...

Um... kinda hard to go to preferences or anything else when the entire
device is ignoring you. It's a handheld...
--
Kay Shapero
reply address munged - use earthlink.net
http://www.kayshapero.net
September 12, 2004 7:29:41 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:12:36 GMT, Kay Shapero had this to say...

> I got a Tungsten T3. I went through all the install stuff. I loaded on
> some files to read. I clicked on one. The screen said "wait a minute",
> then slowly began to fade. Eventually it went to blue where it still is,
> ten minutes later. If my computer did this I'd turn it off to reset...
> but THIS thingie ignores the off button even when I hold it down.
>
> Removing the battery of course is flat out. Anybody out there know what
> the equivalent of a three finger salute on a Palm Tungsten T3 is? The
> manual is no help whatsoever...

Extend the slider, on the back is the reset hole, poke thru it with the
writing tip of the stylus. This is the equivilant of rebooting a PC.

If this does not bring it back to life you will have to do a hard reset;
<http://tinyurl.com/3hvbm&gt;
PalmOne - Support - How to Reset Your Handheld (Solution ID: 887)

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

On 2004-09-12, Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote:

> If this does not bring it back to life you will have to do a hard reset;

You could let the battery run down, but that's pretty close to the
same thing. I've only had to hard reset my T3 once in about a year
of ownership.
--
Carl Fink carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:20:05 +0000, Kay Shapero wrote:
> Um... kinda hard to go to preferences or anything else when the entire
> device is ignoring you. It's a handheld...

Sorry, reading too fast! Duh!
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 11:15:34 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:30:59 +0000 (UTC), Carl Fink had this to say...

> On 2004-09-12, Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote:
>
> > If this does not bring it back to life you will have to do a hard reset;
>
> You could let the battery run down, but that's pretty close to the
> same thing.

Real stupid letting the battery run down far enough to erase the memory,
it shortens the life of the battery greatly.

--
!