Notebook Adapter not working

I have a microsoft notebook adadpter MN520 and a Dell
Latitude D600 and when I try to install the adapter using
microsofts software that came w/ the adapter my computer
doesnt recognize that its there. This computer is almost
brand new so i dont think anything is wrong with it. Any
info would be helpful

-Mitch

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Mitch,

Did yuo plug the adapter in FIRST, before installing the
software. Despite what it may say in the Installation
Guide, you may need to plug the hardware in FIRST.

I thought that the D600's came with built-in wireless...