[IfComp] "A Day In The Life Of A Super Hero"

I cannot open this game in the Adrift interpreter bundled with the Comp
Interptreters. Maybe a newer one is neccesary?
31 answers Last reply
More about ifcomp life super hero
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Jacek Lenkiewicz <jaceklen@poczta.fm> writes:

    > I cannot open this game in the Adrift interpreter bundled with the
    > Comp Interptreters. Maybe a newer one is neccesary?

    Assuming you're talking about the Windows interpreter bundle, that
    shouldn't be the case. I tested the game using that very
    interpreter. Can anyone else confirm whether or not the ADRIFT game
    runs under the interpreter bundled with the Windows interpreter
    installer?

    Stephen

    --
    Stephen Granade
    stephen-usenet@granades.com

    "Stephen Granade" <stephen-usenet@granades.com> wrote in message
    > Jacek Lenkiewicz <jaceklen@poczta.fm> writes:
    >
    > > I cannot open this game in the Adrift interpreter bundled with the
    > > Comp Interptreters. Maybe a newer one is neccesary?
    >
    > Assuming you're talking about the Windows interpreter bundle, that
    > shouldn't be the case. I tested the game using that very
    > interpreter. Can anyone else confirm whether or not the ADRIFT game
    > runs under the interpreter bundled with the Windows interpreter
    > installer?
    >
    > Stephen
    >
    > --
    > Stephen Granade
    > stephen-usenet@granades.com

    I've had a short go at the game, and it appears to work for me, although I
    haven't had a thorough play, it did at least get to the main menu, and the
    first scene of the game with no apparent problem. I'm using Windows ME, if
    that makes any difference. Like Jacek I've got Adrift from the bundle of IF
    interpreters for this IFComp.
    --
    John Hicken bronzefingerspamblocker@boltblue.com (remove spamblocker to
    e-mail me)

    Stephen Granade <stephen-usenet@granades.com> wrote:
    > Assuming you're talking about the Windows interpreter bundle, that
    > shouldn't be the case. I tested the game using that very
    > interpreter. Can anyone else confirm whether or not the ADRIFT game
    > runs under the interpreter bundled with the Windows interpreter
    > installer?

    That game was at the top of my Comp04.z5 list - it *only* works under
    that interpreter, as near as I can tell. gtk-scare choked on the dialogue
    menus with bizarre results, and jASEA refused to even load it.

    --Michael
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Stephen Granade wrote:

    > Assuming you're talking about the Windows interpreter bundle, that
    > shouldn't be the case. I tested the game using that very
    > interpreter. Can anyone else confirm whether or not the ADRIFT game
    > runs under the interpreter bundled with the Windows interpreter
    > installer?
    >
    > Stephen

    Yes, I mean the Windows interpreters, sorry for not being precise. Maybe
    it's becuase I'm running it under Windows XP? I'll try to open it on a
    different computer.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    It was written under Windows XP so it's definitely not that.

    "Jacek Lenkiewicz" <jaceklen@poczta.fm> wrote in message
    > Stephen Granade wrote:
    >>
    >> Assuming you're talking about the Windows interpreter bundle, that
    >> shouldn't be the case. I tested the game using that very
    >> interpreter. Can anyone else confirm whether or not the ADRIFT game
    >> runs under the interpreter bundled with the Windows interpreter
    >> installer?
    >>
    >> Stephen
    >>

    > Yes, I mean the Windows interpreters, sorry for not being precise. Maybe
    > it's becuase I'm running it under Windows XP? I'll try to open it on a
    > different computer.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:07:22 +0000 (UTC), Michael Chapman Martin <mcmartin@Stanford.EDU> wrote:
    > Stephen Granade <stephen-usenet@granades.com> wrote:
    >> Assuming you're talking about the Windows interpreter bundle, that
    >> shouldn't be the case. I tested the game using that very
    >> interpreter. Can anyone else confirm whether or not the ADRIFT game
    >> runs under the interpreter bundled with the Windows interpreter
    >> installer?
    >
    > That game was at the top of my Comp04.z5 list - it *only* works under
    > that interpreter, as near as I can tell. gtk-scare choked on the dialogue
    > menus with bizarre results, and jASEA refused to even load it.
    >
    > --Michael

    I stopped work on jASEA a while back when SCARE got far enough ahead that it
    wasn't worth trying to backport changes. But thanks for getting the
    capitalization right.

    --
    ------------------------
    Mark Jeffrey Tilford

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:03:31 +0200, Jacek Lenkiewicz
    <jaceklen@poczta.fm> wrote:

    >I cannot open this game in the Adrift interpreter bundled with the Comp
    >Interptreters. Maybe a newer one is neccesary?
    Does it freeze up totally when you attempt to load it? I had the same
    problem with it. I also had the same problem with Sophie's adventure
    from last year.

    BTW: what is the locale (regional setting) of your OS?
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:

    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:03:31 +0200, Jacek Lenkiewicz
    > <jaceklen@poczta.fm> wrote:
    >

    >>I cannot open this game in the Adrift interpreter bundled with the Comp
    >>Interptreters. Maybe a newer one is neccesary?
    > Does it freeze up totally when you attempt to load it?

    Well, yes. It's just loading and loading and doesn't seem to be getting
    anywhere; eventually the application freezes.

    > I had the same problem with it. I also had the same problem with Sophie's adventure
    > from last year.

    And how did you fix it (if you did)?

    > BTW: what is the locale (regional setting) of your OS?

    Polish.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:37:16 +0200, Jacek Lenkiewicz
    <jaceklen@poczta.fm> wrote:

    >Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:03:31 +0200, Jacek Lenkiewicz
    >> <jaceklen@poczta.fm> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I cannot open this game in the Adrift interpreter bundled with the Comp
    >>>Interptreters. Maybe a newer one is neccesary?
    >> Does it freeze up totally when you attempt to load it?
    >
    >Well, yes. It's just loading and loading and doesn't seem to be getting
    >anywhere; eventually the application freezes.
    >
    >> I had the same problem with it. I also had the same problem with Sophie's adventure
    >> from last year.
    >
    >And how did you fix it (if you did)?

    I didn't. Never got to play it.
    >> BTW: what is the locale (regional setting) of your OS?
    >
    >Polish.
    Well, my OS's locale is Turkish. Maybe there's a bug in the runner
    that crops up on non-english locales?
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:40:01 GMT, Boluc Papuccuoglu
    <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@REMOVETHISaknet.com.tr> wrote:

    >On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:37:16 +0200, Jacek Lenkiewicz
    ><jaceklen@poczta.fm> wrote:
    >
    >>Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:

    >>> Does it freeze up totally when you attempt to load it?
    >>
    >>Well, yes. It's just loading and loading and doesn't seem to be getting
    >>anywhere; eventually the application freezes.
    >>
    >>> I had the same problem with it. I also had the same problem with Sophie's adventure
    >>> from last year.
    >>
    >>And how did you fix it (if you did)?
    >>
    >I didn't. Never got to play it.
    >>> BTW: what is the locale (regional setting) of your OS?
    >>
    >>Polish.
    >Well, my OS's locale is Turkish. Maybe there's a bug in the runner
    >that crops up on non-english locales?

    I now had time to test this. You have to open regional settings in
    your control panel and click the Set Default button in the "Language
    Settings for the System" group under the "General" tab. The system
    wants a restart after you do this. After the restart, the game runs
    fine.

    Have fun playing.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:

    > Well, my OS's locale is Turkish. Maybe there's a bug in the runner
    > that crops up on non-english locales?

    Somehow I doubt it, why there should be? Anyway, I don't have an English
    Windows to check it on :(. I also don't suppose that the fact that my
    computer is a laptop has anything to do with it. So I guess I'll just
    have to give this one an NR, sorry (to the author).
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:

    > I now had time to test this. You have to open regional settings in
    > your control panel and click the Set Default button in the "Language
    > Settings for the System" group under the "General" tab. The system
    > wants a restart after you do this. After the restart, the game runs
    > fine.
    >
    > Have fun playing.

    Thanks a lot Boluc, I surely am surprised that this was the case.
    Unfortunately, I've got Windows XP and settings are diferent that you've
    described... there is no "defalt" button and changing the "localization"
    button to, say, United States doesn't help. But don't worry about me,
    I'll try to run this game later on another computer, with Win 98.

    Regagards,
    Jacek.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Sorry everyone seems to be having such problems getting my game to work. Is
    there anything I could change in whatever game I write for next year's comp
    that would make it easier to run?

    > Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:
    >
    > > I now had time to test this. You have to open regional settings in
    >> your control panel and click the Set Default button in the "Language
    >> Settings for the System" group under the "General" tab. The system
    >> wants a restart after you do this. After the restart, the game runs
    >> fine.
    >>
    >> Have fun playing.
    >
    > Thanks a lot Boluc, I surely am surprised that this was the case.
    > Unfortunately, I've got Windows XP and settings are diferent that you've
    > described... there is no "defalt" button and changing the "localization"
    > button to, say, United States doesn't help. But don't worry about me, I'll
    > try to run this game later on another computer, with Win 98.
    >
    > Regagards,
    > Jacek.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    You could also try running it with the Windows build of SCARE,
    Simon Baldwin's reimplementation of the Adrift runtime, from
    http://mirror.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXprogrammingXadrift.html

    David
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    David Whyld wrote:
    > Sorry everyone seems to be having such problems getting my game to work. Is there anything I could change in whatever game I
    > write for next year's comp that would make it easier to run?

    I doubt there's anything you can change in the game: from the sound
    of Jacek and Boluc's problems, the Adrift runner is making some assumption
    somewhere that isn't valid on non-English Windows (usually it's assumptions
    about the character set that causes nasty surprises).

    You could try it with the Windows build of SCARE to see if it runs all
    the way through on that, which may work better on such systems. On the
    other hand, it may not ...

    David
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    One thing I'll do is include a README file with the game which will point
    out possible errors like this.

    I wonder how many people using non-English computers have run into problems
    with Adrift before because of things like this?

    "David Kinder" <d.kinder@btinternetspamnothankyou.com> wrote in message
    > David Whyld wrote:
    >> Sorry everyone seems to be having such problems getting my game to work.
    >> Is there anything I could change in whatever game I write for next year's
    >> comp that would make it easier to run?
    >
    > I doubt there's anything you can change in the game: from the sound
    > of Jacek and Boluc's problems, the Adrift runner is making some assumption
    > somewhere that isn't valid on non-English Windows (usually it's
    > assumptions
    > about the character set that causes nasty surprises).
    >
    > You could try it with the Windows build of SCARE to see if it runs all
    > the way through on that, which may work better on such systems. On the
    > other hand, it may not ...
    >
    > David

  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    David Whyld:
    > I wonder how many people using non-English computers have run into problems with Adrift before because of things like this?

    I'm completely guessing here, but if it's only a problem on systems not
    using the Western European character set, then maybe not many - on
    Windows the same code page (1252) is used for English, French, Italian,
    etc., so the problem might only show up with different code pages (such
    as Cyrillic (1251)).

    David
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Ah. So not as bad as I thought then.

    > David Whyld:
    >> I wonder how many people using non-English computers have run into
    >> problems with Adrift before because of things like this?
    >
    > I'm completely guessing here, but if it's only a problem on systems not
    > using the Western European character set, then maybe not many - on
    > Windows the same code page (1252) is used for English, French, Italian,
    > etc., so the problem might only show up with different code pages (such
    > as Cyrillic (1251)).
    >
    > David

  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    In article <416186e5$0$82237$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
    David Whyld <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote:
    >Sorry everyone seems to be having such problems getting my game to work. Is
    >there anything I could change in whatever game I write for next year's comp
    >that would make it easier to run?

    I'm about to say something snarky and unhelpful and vile:

    Write it in Inform or TADS or Hugo.

    Adam
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    David Whyld <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote:
    > Sorry everyone seems to be having such problems getting my game to work. Is
    > there anything I could change in whatever game I write for next year's comp
    > that would make it easier to run?

    Test it on SCARE before release, and (no doubt contrary to the objections
    you are already raising) modify your game logic so that it works there too.

    .... Other comments on things that should probably be done can't be done
    without discussing the game in currently inappropriate detail, so I'll
    probably post on that in Mid-November or thereabouts. Some of the
    more interesting failure modes are almost textbook-worthy examples.

    --Michael
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Michael Chapman Martin <mcmartin@Stanford.EDU> wrote in message news:<cjtkpf$ohf$1@news.Stanford.EDU>...
    > David Whyld <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote:
    > > Sorry everyone seems to be having such problems getting my game to work. Is
    > > there anything I could change in whatever game I write for next year's comp
    > > that would make it easier to run?
    >
    > Test it on SCARE before release, and (no doubt contrary to the objections
    > you are already raising) modify your game logic so that it works there too.

    Should you do this, please report any significant differences in
    behavior as SCARE bugs.

    > ... Other comments on things that should probably be done can't be done
    > without discussing the game in currently inappropriate detail, so I'll
    > probably post on that in Mid-November or thereabouts. Some of the
    > more interesting failure modes are almost textbook-worthy examples.

    Just a brief note here. Adrift is not open-source, and the system's
    author is very reluctant to give away much, if anything, about its
    internal operation. SCARE is the product of reverse engineering
    Adrift -- in effect, a lot of trial and error. There are,
    unavoidably, areas of SCARE that won't be fully compatible with real
    Adrift.

    So, while SCARE works well enough to run a good selection of Adrift
    games for most practical purposes, please consider a little latitude
    when using it for IFComp entries. If you see something odd with a
    game, it could be the game, but it could also be SCARE -- please try
    to verify things with the real Adrift runner, or make allowances if
    you can.
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:37:37 +0100, "David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com>
    wrote:

    >Ah. So not as bad as I thought then.
    >
    >"David Kinder" <d.kinder@btinternetspamnothankyou.com> wrote in message
    >> David Whyld:
    >>> I wonder how many people using non-English computers have run into
    >>> problems with Adrift before because of things like this?
    >>
    >> I'm completely guessing here, but if it's only a problem on systems not
    >> using the Western European character set, then maybe not many - on
    >> Windows the same code page (1252) is used for English, French, Italian,
    >> etc., so the problem might only show up with different code pages (such
    >> as Cyrillic (1251)).
    >>
    >> David

    Using SCARE to run "Day In The Life..." takes care of the problem.
    However "Sophie's Adventure" seems unable to run under SCARE as well.
    Since your games are the only ones that seem to run into this kind of
    trouble, perhaps you are using a build option or somesuch that doesnt
    go well with nonwestern locales. Perhaps you should compare what
    options you use with those other authors use?
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Boluc Papuccuoglu <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@REMOVETHISaknet.com.tr> wrote in message news:<bd25m0lokjvsfc0u95dulutflaeksuqtca@4ax.com>...
    > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:37:37 +0100, "David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Ah. So not as bad as I thought then.
    > >
    > >"David Kinder" <d.kinder@btinternetspamnothankyou.com> wrote in message
    > >> David Whyld:
    > >>
    > >> I'm completely guessing here, but if it's only a problem on systems not
    > >> using the Western European character set, then maybe not many - on
    > >> Windows the same code page (1252) is used for English, French, Italian,
    > >> etc., so the problem might only show up with different code pages (such
    > >> as Cyrillic (1251)).
    > >>
    > >> David
    > >>

    > Using SCARE to run "Day In The Life..." takes care of the problem.

    That's good -- thank you for the report.

    > However "Sophie's Adventure" seems unable to run under SCARE as well.
    > Since your games are the only ones that seem to run into this kind of
    > trouble, perhaps you are using a build option or somesuch that doesnt
    > go well with nonwestern locales. Perhaps you should compare what
    > options you use with those other authors use?

    SCARE does indeed have a problem loading the Comp03 release of
    "Sophie's Adventure". It shows up as the message "invalid integer at
    line 225749", or similar.

    The Comp03 release of this game seemed to have been the victim of an
    Adrift Generator bug that caused it to write out an inconsistent game
    data file, even though the information entered into the Generator was
    correct. Somehow, and it's unclear just how, the real Adrift Runner
    is able to cope with the file's inconsistencies (at least in terms of
    portions, though).

    There's a note about this in SCARE's README files. David's made a
    fixed release of this game at his web site, shadowvault.net, and this
    one does load and run correctly in SCARE.

    In other words, David was just unlucky with "Sophie's Adventure" here,
    in that he ran into an obscure Adrift bug at an unfortunate moment.
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    "Boluc Papuccuoglu" <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@REMOVETHISaknet.com.tr> wrote in
    message news:bd25m0lokjvsfc0u95dulutflaeksuqtca@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:37:37 +0100, "David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > Using SCARE to run "Day In The Life..." takes care of the problem.
    > However "Sophie's Adventure" seems unable to run under SCARE as well.
    > Since your games are the only ones that seem to run into this kind of
    > trouble, perhaps you are using a build option or somesuch that doesnt
    > go well with nonwestern locales. Perhaps you should compare what
    > options you use with those other authors use?

    I was assuming I used the same option as everyone else using Adrift: write
    the game, test it, have other people test it, upload it. But clearly there's
    something else at issue here. "Sophie's Adventure" originally didn't work
    under jAsea but with the help of jAsea's author and SCARE's author I was
    able to get it to work. Maybe the same thing has happened with "Hero". If
    so, with the next game I write I might test it every day with jAsea and
    SCARE to see if I can pinpoint what is going wrong.

    Thanks.
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Simon Baldwin <simonb@sco.com> wrote:
    > Just a brief note here. Adrift is not open-source, and the system's
    > author is very reluctant to give away much, if anything, about its
    > internal operation. SCARE is the product of reverse engineering
    > Adrift -- in effect, a lot of trial and error. There are,
    > unavoidably, areas of SCARE that won't be fully compatible with real
    > Adrift.

    Quite so, and I salute you for attempting this task. However, I would
    warn comp judges that if the conversation menus are acting up in SCARE
    that they should test it on the real runner before giving up in disgust.

    On the other hand, one utterly baffling exchange I got was clearer
    because SCARE tells you what actually is being sent to the interpreter,
    so for me it evens out. :)

    --Michael
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:10:25 +0000 (UTC), Michael Chapman Martin <mcmartin@Stanford.EDU> wrote:
    > Simon Baldwin <simonb@sco.com> wrote:
    >> Just a brief note here. Adrift is not open-source, and the system's
    >> author is very reluctant to give away much, if anything, about its
    >> internal operation. SCARE is the product of reverse engineering
    >> Adrift -- in effect, a lot of trial and error. There are,
    >> unavoidably, areas of SCARE that won't be fully compatible with real
    >> Adrift.
    >
    > Quite so, and I salute you for attempting this task. However, I would
    > warn comp judges that if the conversation menus are acting up in SCARE
    > that they should test it on the real runner before giving up in disgust.
    >
    > On the other hand, one utterly baffling exchange I got was clearer
    > because SCARE tells you what actually is being sent to the interpreter,
    > so for me it evens out. :)
    >
    > --Michael

    Actually, I was the person who did the bulk of the reverse-engineering of
    ADRIFT, though I'm not sure how much Simon has done since I ended jASEA.

    --
    ------------------------
    Mark Jeffrey Tilford

    On 5 Oct 2004 12:41:18 -0700, Simon Baldwin <simonb@sco.com> wrote:

    >> However "Sophie's Adventure" seems unable to run under SCARE as well.
    >> Since your games are the only ones that seem to run into this kind of
    >> trouble, perhaps you are using a build option or somesuch that doesnt
    >> go well with nonwestern locales. Perhaps you should compare what
    >> options you use with those other authors use?
    >

    > SCARE does indeed have a problem loading the Comp03 release of
    > "Sophie's Adventure". It shows up as the message "invalid integer at
    > line 225749", or similar.
    >
    > The Comp03 release of this game seemed to have been the victim of an
    > Adrift Generator bug that caused it to write out an inconsistent game
    > data file, even though the information entered into the Generator was
    > correct. Somehow, and it's unclear just how, the real Adrift Runner
    > is able to cope with the file's inconsistencies (at least in terms of
    > portions, though).

    ADRIFT seems to have a policy of ignoring anything not understood.
    Because I didn't know the exact format or behavior, I wrote jASEA to be very
    strict about what it would accept; SCARE continued that policy.

    --
    ------------------------
    Mark Jeffrey Tilford

    Mark J. Tilford <tilford@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
    > Actually, I was the person who did the bulk of the reverse-engineering of
    > ADRIFT, though I'm not sure how much Simon has done since I ended jASEA.

    Well, my intent was, I wasn't being annoyed for imperfect play. and I
    was afraid that I'd sounded like I was in my original post.

    All the same, duly noted.

    --Michael
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    In article <44c7791e.0410050850.1cb48e@posting.google.com>,
    Simon Baldwin <simonb@sco.com> wrote:
    >Just a brief note here. Adrift is not open-source, and the system's
    >author is very reluctant to give away much, if anything, about its
    >internal operation.

    Why would anybody use it, then?

    (I haven't been by the if groups in a while, and this thread is the first
    I've heard of "Adrift".)
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    "Trevor Barrie" <tbarrie@cs.toronto.edu> skrev i melding
    > In article <44c7791e.0410050850.1cb48e@posting.google.com>,
    > Simon Baldwin <simonb@sco.com> wrote:
    > >Just a brief note here. Adrift is not open-source, and the system's
    > >author is very reluctant to give away much, if anything, about its
    > >internal operation.
    >
    > Why would anybody use it, then?

    It is very easy to make a simple game with it.
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    "Jan Thorsby" <no_jthorsby_spam@broadpark.no> wrote in message news:<4164811d$1@news.broadpark.no>...
    > "Trevor Barrie" <tbarrie@cs.toronto.edu> skrev i melding
    > > In article <44c7791e.0410050850.1cb48e@posting.google.com>,
    > > Simon Baldwin <simonb@sco.com> wrote:
    > > >Just a brief note here. Adrift is not open-source, and the system's
    > > >author is very reluctant to give away much, if anything, about its
    > > >internal operation.
    > >
    > > Why would anybody use it, then?
    >
    > It is very easy to make a simple game with it.

    The same could be said about any system. Adrift is the easiest system
    to use of them all, IMHO, but it can produce complex games if that's
    what you're after. Of the nine games I've so far played in this year's
    IFComp, I'd say mine is more complex than all but one of them.

Games Video Games