johnm

Hi, over the last 3 days when I turn on my PC I get this message..
"A disk read error occurred. Press Ctl Alt Del to restart".
When I restart, I get the same message.
My warranty has expired & there is nothing in my CD drive when I turn on PC.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

JohnM

"JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, over the last 3 days when I turn on my PC I get this message..
> "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctl Alt Del to restart".
> When I restart, I get the same message.
> My warranty has expired & there is nothing in my CD drive when I turn
> on PC. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> JohnM

Sounds like a failed hard drive.

--