[IF Comp] Magocracy not working?

I tried running the Magocracy .gam file under HTML TADS for Windows,
and it gave
a [TADS-607 error reading game file] and did not start. Also tried it
under
WinTADS and it also gave the error reading game file report and did
not run.
is anyone else having this problem? or if its just me, a solution to
get it working?
From the Readme.txt file, this looks like an interesting game, so if
there is a general problem, perhaps a working version could turn up
soon...
thanks,
Zhan

zhan@alum.mit.edu (Zhan Li) wrote in message news:<3a09b87a.0410022255.342faa58@posting.google.com>...
> I tried running the Magocracy .gam file under HTML TADS for Windows,
> and it gave
> a [TADS-607 error reading game file] and did not start. Also tried it
> under
> WinTADS and it also gave the error reading game file report and did
> not run.
> is anyone else having this problem? or if its just me, a solution to
> get it working?

using the latest tads 2.5 command line interpreter I started it without any errors.

Zhan Li wrote:
> I tried running the Magocracy .gam file under HTML TADS for Windows, and it gave
> a [TADS-607 error reading game file] and did not start. Also tried it under
> WinTADS and it also gave the error reading game file report and did not run.

I just ran in under the Tads interpreter from the IF Comp Windows
interpreter executable, and it ran fine (using Win2000). Have you tried
to download the game-file anew? Maybe its damaged.

Greetings,
Victor