Slow menus

July 7, 2005 12:07:01 AM

Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor. I've run
multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.

My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
Please, i need help!

More about : slow menus

July 7, 2005 2:28:59 AM

What is your menu speed set to, Ryan? In the meantime, see line 68:

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor. I've run
> multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.
>
> My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
> Please, i need help!
July 7, 2005 2:29:00 AM

thanks for respoding. My menu setting has nothing to do about it. The menu
appears, but blank. a few seconds later, the icons reapear.

"Kelly" wrote:

> What is your menu speed set to, Ryan? In the meantime, see line 68:

> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor. I've run
> > multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.
> >
> > My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
> > Please, i need help!

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:19:35 PM

You got the answer and solution for you issue Ryan . What is the menu speed set at presently.

--
Peter

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AE27A4E-DD1F-44A3-B933-0A32910DE70C@microsoft.com...
> thanks for respoding. My menu setting has nothing to do about it. The menu
> appears, but blank. a few seconds later, the icons reapear.
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
> > What is your menu speed set to, Ryan? In the meantime, see line 68:
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >
> > --
> >
> > All the Best,
> > Kelly (MS-MVP)
> >
> > Troubleshooting Windows XP
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> >

> > "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor. I've run
> > > multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.
> > >
> > > My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
> > > Please, i need help!

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 5:27:51 PM

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A0A711CD-045F-4406-AB29-92F6E64F56CD@microsoft.com,
Ryan <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor. I've run
> multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.
>
> My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
> Please, i need help!
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 6:37:19 PM

"" wrote:
> Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor.
> I've run
> multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.
>
> My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
> Please, i need help!

Slow startup menu brings to mind fragmentation, hope thts under check,
if not, defragment.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Slow-me...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1759007
July 8, 2005 4:17:50 AM

Hi Ryan,

Check your hardware acceleration. Also, how much do you have going on in
the background and does this only happen after a fresh boot?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks for respoding. My menu setting has nothing to do about it. The
> menu
> appears, but blank. a few seconds later, the icons reapear.
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> What is your menu speed set to, Ryan? In the meantime, see line 68:
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ihave a fully updated xp pro laptop running 1.5 gx processor. I've run
>> > multiple spyware/virus scans with multiple computers.
>> >
>> > My right click menus and start menu aare slooowwww....
>> > Please, i need help!

July 8, 2005 4:22:23 AM

Defrag isn't really needed within XP (ntfs).