Unwanted Photos in Outlook Express

July 7, 2005 2:27:33 AM

When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received attachment
contained not only the picture that I sent, but three additional photos that
I had never seen before. I have run two different anti-virus and two
different spyware programs and everything come back clean. Any ideas?

Thanks
July 7, 2005 2:49:35 AM

Hi Kelly,

Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for XP
will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area. Example -
if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to view one of
them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos stored on your
desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does anyone else use
your OE account or system?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received attachment
> contained not only the picture that I sent, but three additional photos
> that I had never seen before. I have run two different anti-virus and two
> different spyware programs and everything come back clean. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 10:37:48 AM

My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
"attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

> Hi Kelly,
>
> Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for XP
> will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
> Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
> view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
> stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
> anyone else use your OE account or system?
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
>> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
>> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
>> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
>> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received
>> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent, but three
>> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have run two different
>> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and everything come back
>> clean. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks

July 7, 2005 11:24:35 AM

If the pictures are coming in attached to your email, they
will show as "attached" with the paper clip. You can see
each attached file before you open the attachment. If you
"save all" attachments before you open them they will be
saved to the folder of your choice. You can then check the
properties of the file and maybe see from where it is
coming.

Does each family member have their own user account? Do you
have all the proper anti-virus, spyware and firewalls
installed and turned ON? These things are list in the other
posts and I won't repeat them.

some support

| My entire family uses this computer. The additional images
that are
| "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily
pornographic. They are
| not images stored on my computer. I have searched for
these photos on my
| computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they
are only getting
| through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail
attachments.

| "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > Hi Kelly,
| >
| > Generally and especially when you send them to yourself,
the viewer for XP
| > will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the
same area.
| > Example - if you have several pictures stored on your
desktop and go to
| > view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all
other photos
| > stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to
your viewing, does
| > anyone else use your OE account or system?
| >
| > --
| >
| > All the Best,
| > Kelly (MS-MVP)
| >
| > Troubleshooting Windows XP
| > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
| >

| > "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in
message
| >> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using
Microsoft Picture
| >> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs.
This has occurred
| >> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent
an e-mail with a
| >> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The
received
| >> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent,
but three
| >> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have
run two different
| >> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and
everything come back
| >> clean. Any ideas?
| >>
| >> Thanks

July 7, 2005 5:09:36 PM

"Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
> My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
> "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
> not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
> computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
> through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

Then in that case you need to download, install, UPDATE and run the
following:

Adaware

Spybot
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10122137.html?part=10...
button

Spyware blaster

HTH
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:33:06 AM

How do you know this? Do you by chance view one image and then discover other images in Picture & Fax Viewer rather than multiple images in Outlook Express?

"Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message news:fu8ze.55247$iU.19966@lakeread05...
> My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
> "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
> not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
> computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
> through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

>> Hi Kelly,
>>
>> Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for XP
>> will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
>> Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
>> view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
>> stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
>> anyone else use your OE account or system?
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
>>> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
>>> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
>>> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received
>>> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent, but three
>>> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have run two different
>>> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and everything come back
>>> clean. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks

July 8, 2005 4:41:35 AM

My point exactly!

--

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
How do you know this? Do you by chance view one image and then discover
other images in Picture & Fax Viewer rather than multiple images in Outlook
Express?

"Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
> My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
> "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
> not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
> computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
> through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

>> Hi Kelly,
>>
>> Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for
>> XP
>> will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
>> Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
>> view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
>> stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
>> anyone else use your OE account or system?
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft
>>> Picture
>>> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
>>> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
>>> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received
>>> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent, but three
>>> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have run two different
>>> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and everything come back
>>> clean. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 10:09:19 PM

She's only seeing old porn or ads for porn sites in TIF. I thought I ask for the process (which I normally refuse to do believing it is required in the original post but she seemed a bit of a novice and I'm nice to novices). I could tell you were tying to find out the same thing..

July 11, 2005 4:50:38 AM

I hear you! We do try. :o )

--

!