Unwanted Photos in Outlook Express

When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received attachment
contained not only the picture that I sent, but three additional photos that
I had never seen before. I have run two different anti-virus and two
different spyware programs and everything come back clean. Any ideas?

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about unwanted photos outlook express

    Hi Kelly,

    Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for XP
    will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area. Example -
    if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to view one of
    them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos stored on your
    desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does anyone else use
    your OE account or system?

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    > When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
    > Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
    > after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
    > photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received attachment
    > contained not only the picture that I sent, but three additional photos
    > that I had never seen before. I have run two different anti-virus and two
    > different spyware programs and everything come back clean. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
    "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
    not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
    computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
    through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

    > Hi Kelly,
    >
    > Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for XP
    > will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
    > Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
    > view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
    > stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
    > anyone else use your OE account or system?
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
    >> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
    >> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
    >> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received
    >> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent, but three
    >> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have run two different
    >> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and everything come back
    >> clean. Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    If the pictures are coming in attached to your email, they
    will show as "attached" with the paper clip. You can see
    each attached file before you open the attachment. If you
    "save all" attachments before you open them they will be
    saved to the folder of your choice. You can then check the
    properties of the file and maybe see from where it is
    coming.

    Does each family member have their own user account? Do you
    have all the proper anti-virus, spyware and firewalls
    installed and turned ON? These things are list in the other
    posts and I won't repeat them.

    some support

    | My entire family uses this computer. The additional images
    that are
    | "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily
    pornographic. They are
    | not images stored on my computer. I have searched for
    these photos on my
    | computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they
    are only getting
    | through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail
    attachments.

    | "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
    | > Hi Kelly,
    | >
    | > Generally and especially when you send them to yourself,
    the viewer for XP
    | > will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the
    same area.
    | > Example - if you have several pictures stored on your
    desktop and go to
    | > view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all
    other photos
    | > stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to
    your viewing, does
    | > anyone else use your OE account or system?
    | >
    | > --
    | >
    | > All the Best,
    | > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    | >
    | > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    | > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    | >

    | > "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in
    message
    | >> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using
    Microsoft Picture
    | >> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs.
    This has occurred
    | >> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent
    an e-mail with a
    | >> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The
    received
    | >> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent,
    but three
    | >> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have
    run two different
    | >> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and
    everything come back
    | >> clean. Any ideas?
    | >>
    | >> Thanks

    "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
    > "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
    > not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
    > computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
    > through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

    Then in that case you need to download, install, UPDATE and run the
    following:

    Adaware

    Spybot
    http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10122137.html?part=104443&subj=dlpage&tag=
    button

    Spyware blaster

    HTH

    How do you know this? Do you by chance view one image and then discover other images in Picture & Fax Viewer rather than multiple images in Outlook Express?

    "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message news:fu8ze.55247$iU.19966@lakeread05...
    > My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
    > "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
    > not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
    > computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
    > through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

    >> Hi Kelly,
    >>
    >> Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for XP
    >> will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
    >> Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
    >> view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
    >> stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
    >> anyone else use your OE account or system?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>

    >> "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft Picture
    >>> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
    >>> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
    >>> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received
    >>> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent, but three
    >>> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have run two different
    >>> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and everything come back
    >>> clean. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    My point exactly!

    --

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    How do you know this? Do you by chance view one image and then discover
    other images in Picture & Fax Viewer rather than multiple images in Outlook
    Express?

    "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
    > "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
    > not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
    > computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
    > through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.

    >> Hi Kelly,
    >>
    >> Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for
    >> XP
    >> will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
    >> Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
    >> view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
    >> stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
    >> anyone else use your OE account or system?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>

    >> "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> When I open a photo attachment in Outlook Express using Microsoft
    >>> Picture
    >>> Manager I am getting additional, unwanted photographs. This has occurred
    >>> after receiving e-mails from multiple addresses. I sent an e-mail with a
    >>> photo attached to myself to see what would happen. The received
    >>> attachment contained not only the picture that I sent, but three
    >>> additional photos that I had never seen before. I have run two different
    >>> anti-virus and two different spyware programs and everything come back
    >>> clean. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    She's only seeing old porn or ads for porn sites in TIF. I thought I ask for the process (which I normally refuse to do believing it is required in the original post but she seemed a bit of a novice and I'm nice to novices). I could tell you were tying to find out the same thing..

    I hear you! We do try. :o)

    --

    She's only seeing old porn or ads for porn sites in TIF. I thought I ask for
    the process (which I normally refuse to do believing it is required in the
    original post but she seemed a bit of a novice and I'm nice to novices). I
    could tell you were tying to find out the same thing..

    > My point exactly!
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > How do you know this? Do you by chance view one image and then discover
    > other images in Picture & Fax Viewer rather than multiple images in
    > Outlook
    > Express?

    > "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> My entire family uses this computer. The additional images that are
    >> "attaching" themselves to my e-mails are primarily pornographic. They are
    >> not images stored on my computer. I have searched for these photos on my
    >> computer and they cannot be found. It appears that they are only getting
    >> through by attaching themselves to legitimate e-mail attachments.
    >>
    >> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Kelly,
    >>>
    >>> Generally and especially when you send them to yourself, the viewer for
    >>> XP
    >>> will allow all pictures to be viewed saved within the same area.
    >>> Example - if you have several pictures stored on your desktop and go to
    >>> view one of them, the arrows will provide viewing of all other photos
    >>> stored on your desktop. As the pictures being new to your viewing, does
    >>> anyone else use your OE account or system?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> All the Best,
    >>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>>
    >>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>>

    >>> "Kelly McDaniel" <kellyrmcdaniel@cox.net> wrote in message

Outlook Express Photo Microsoft Windows XP