Johnny

I have 500 and my aunt has 700. Mine has been working
fine for 6 months. My aunt was just installed last
week. I have XP Pro, she has XP Home.

Just recently, my internet connection does not connect
after I restart. I must restart once or twice before I
get internet connection. My aunt worked for a few days
until it did the same thing, but it never came back after
restarting multiple times.

What can I do to trouble-shoot this. Like I mentioned,
mine has been working perfectly, not it does not. My
aunt's does not even work at all, so I'm curious what
happened as they both stopped function normally at the
same time.

Thanks!

First you want to check whether is a problem connecting
between the PC's and the router, or between the router and
the Internet.

You may try to ping the router, or use IE and access the
router at 192.168.2.1 -- if this works, then the connection
PC to router works. Otherwise, try to run command prompt
and enter ipconfig to see what type of IP you are getting...

It would also help to know if both routers are on same
network and/or close by, and if the computers are wired or
wireless, and what type of wifi cards they use. You may be
getting some interference (you would need to change
channels -- use channel 1 on one of them and channel 11 on
the other -- make sure to change the channels on the wifi
-- channel 1, 6, and 11 are almost non overlapping)

Tim

Do you have any kind of firewall installed on those
machines? I know my old software firewall caused similar
problems for me in the past.

TRENDING THREADS