[Spoilers] Trading Punches - Help!

I'm having trouble with the walkthrough provided: I go through the
whole punch thing, get the note, wait for the two characters to walk
away, and follow the directions, but when I get there, Elora isn't
there! Any advice?

Gulphx

In article <25660f95.0410052136.78b1bde0@posting.google.com>,
Gulphx <gulphx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I'm having trouble with the walkthrough provided: I go through the
>whole punch thing, get the note, wait for the two characters to walk
>away, and follow the directions, but when I get there, Elora isn't
>there! Any advice?

It worked ok for me. Note that there are two sets of punch things you
have to do -- first you have to get rid of the wives, and then you
have to get rid of your brother.

--
Dan Shiovitz :: dbs@cs.wisc.edu :: http://www.drizzle.com/~dans
"He settled down to dictate a letter to the Consolidated Nailfile and

dbs@cs.wisc.edu (Dan Shiovitz) wrote in message news:<ck01sj$ogc$1@drizzle.com>...
> In article <25660f95.0410052136.78b1bde0@posting.google.com>,
> Gulphx <gulphx@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I'm having trouble with the walkthrough provided: I go through the
> >whole punch thing, get the note, wait for the two characters to walk
> >away, and follow the directions, but when I get there, Elora isn't
> >there! Any advice?
>
> It worked ok for me. Note that there are two sets of punch things you
> have to do -- first you have to get rid of the wives, and then you
> have to get rid of your brother.
>
> >Gulphx

Ah. All right. I have just gotten rid of the wives. I have been
following the walkthrough, but not down to the letter. That is to say,
I haven't been looking at everyone it says I should. I managed to get
through the first two chapters fine without doing that, however. Do I
need to follow it down to the letter?

Gulphx

Just a general comment here. I think it's okay by the rules if you email
authors directly. I for one would appreciate a little light in this ongoing
void. :) This is especially true if you've already made your permanent
score -- conversing with the author outside the public venue shouldn't hurt
anything. I only bring this up because I believe other authors would
appreciate preliminary feedback, too (doesn't have to be much), and because
even harmless public discussion might put the wrong (or even the right) idea
about a game into future judges' minds. :)

---- Sidney Merk

"Gulphx" <gulphx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble with the walkthrough provided: I go through the
> whole punch thing, get the note, wait for the two characters to walk
> away, and follow the directions, but when I get there, Elora isn't
> there! Any advice?

>> Gulphx <gulphx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Ah. All right. I have just gotten rid of the wives. I have been
> following the walkthrough, but not down to the letter. That is to say,
> I haven't been looking at everyone it says I should. I managed to get
> through the first two chapters fine without doing that, however. Do I
> need to follow it down to the letter?
>
> Gulphx

If you would, please email me directly, and I'll answer your questions.

sid_ney_merk@hot_mail . com (remove the spaces and underlines)

Thanks,

---- Sidney Merk