Question about IF Comp rule

Does the phrase "contest official" in

"
Rule for Everyone

Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
permanently from future involvement in the competition.
"

also mean a judge, ie: someone who votes for a game?

Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:
> Does the phrase "contest official" in
>
> "
> Rule for Everyone
>
> Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
> the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
> permanently from future involvement in the competition.
> "
>
> also mean a judge, ie: someone who votes for a game?

If judges were contest officials, then I would be one. I don't think this is
what the phrase "contest official" means.

Jess

Here, Boluc Papuccuoglu <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@removethisaknet.com.tr> wrote:
> Does the phrase "contest official" in
>
> "
> Rule for Everyone
>
> Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
> the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
> permanently from future involvement in the competition.
> "
>
> also mean a judge, ie: someone who votes for a game?

It's not very tempting to impersonate a judge, since just about
anybody can legitimtely *be* a judge.

If someone tried to falsify a vote -- vote twice, or vote when he/she
was a entrant, or forge another person's name on a ballot (to deprive
them of their own vote) -- I imagine the Comp Cheez would invoke this
or a similar penalty.

I am, however, not a competition official. :)

--Z

*

In article <2snociF1noi5bU1@uni-berlin.de>,
Jess Knoch <jessicaknoch@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:
>> Does the phrase "contest official" in
>>
>> "
>> Rule for Everyone
>>
>> Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
>> the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
>> permanently from future involvement in the competition.
>> "
>>
>> also mean a judge, ie: someone who votes for a game?
>
>If judges were contest officials, then I would be one. I don't think this is
>what the phrase "contest official" means.

I don't think that either.

And, besides, what would be the point or the problem with impersonating
a judge?

Unless, of course, you're thinking of using faked identities to vote
multiple times - that would surely be frowned upon. But I don't think
that's what the rule refers to.
--
Magnus Olsson (mol@df.lth.se)
PGP Public Key available at http://www.df.lth.se/~mol

Boluc Papuccuoglu <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@REMOVETHISaknet.com.tr> writes:

> Does the phrase "contest official" in
>
> "
> Rule for Everyone
>
> Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
> the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
> permanently from future involvement in the competition.
> "
>
> also mean a judge, ie: someone who votes for a game?

This specifically refers to people like me and Mark Musante.

Stephen

--
Stephen Granade
stephen-usenet@granades.com

> Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
> the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
> permanently from future involvement in the competition.

Does anyone know the story behind this rule? I asked Stephen this
question once by email, and he said something about how somebody tried
to steal the contest by sending out emails pretending to be the comp
organizer. Hearing this didn't satisfy my curiosity, though; it just
made me more curious.

Greg

In article <m0lleggd4w.fsf@granades.com>,
Stephen Granade <stephen-usenet@granades.com> wrote:
>> Anyone who impersonates a contest official in any capacity related to
>> the contest will be immediately disqualified and will be banned
>> permanently from future involvement in the competition.
>This specifically refers to people like me and Mark Musante.

You're impersonating a contest official? FOR SHAME!

Adam