Network printing

a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 1:34:03 AM

hey i have 2 computers on my network and i have just purchased a new laptop
which i would like to also connect to the network so i can print connect to
the internet share files etc... neways i can share files and connect to the
net i just cant print i have set up the printer on my laptop but it just dont
want to print please help!!!!!

More about : network printing

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 12:50:04 PM

Press F1, type in Share Printer, press enter, read the instructions.

Jaimee wrote:

> hey i have 2 computers on my network and i have just purchased a new laptop
> which i would like to also connect to the network so i can print connect to
> the internet share files etc... neways i can share files and connect to the
> net i just cant print i have set up the printer on my laptop but it just dont
> want to print please help!!!!!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 2:18:12 PM

How to troubleshoot network printing problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314073

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Jaimee wrote:
> hey i have 2 computers on my network and i have just purchased a new laptop
> which i would like to also connect to the network so i can print connect to
> the internet share files etc... neways i can share files and connect to the
> net i just cant print i have set up the printer on my laptop but it just dont
> want to print please help!!!!!
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 2:18:13 PM

i have tried all the trouble shooting and none of them seemed to help

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot network printing problems in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314073
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Jaimee wrote:
> > hey i have 2 computers on my network and i have just purchased a new laptop
> > which i would like to also connect to the network so i can print connect to
> > the internet share files etc... neways i can share files and connect to the
> > net i just cant print i have set up the printer on my laptop but it just dont
> > want to print please help!!!!!

July 7, 2005 2:34:57 PM

"Jaimee" <Jaimee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have tried all the trouble shooting and none of them seemed to help
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>
> > How to troubleshoot network printing problems in Windows XP
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314073
> >
> > regards,
> > ssg MS-MVP
> >
> > Jaimee wrote:
> > > hey i have 2 computers on my network and i have just purchased a new
laptop
> > > which i would like to also connect to the network so i can print
connect to
> > > the internet share files etc... neways i can share files and connect
to the
> > > net i just cant print i have set up the printer on my laptop but it
just dont
> > > want to print please help!!!!!

You did actually set it up as a NETWORK printer, and not a local printer?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 5:00:54 PM

I don't use Internet Printing but this is how I print on theNetwork. I put
a shortcut on the Client's desktop which points to the shared printer.
That's it. Of course you need to see the shared printers on the Client.
And the server (the machine that is sharing the Printer) must have the
necessary drivers on it for the client. You can add those by going to the
Printers in the Control Panel applet (on the machine with the Printer
Attached to it) | Properties | and click the Sharing tab. Add additional
drivers.

--
George Hester

!