Windows XP: number of opened windows

Hello,

Opening multiple windows causes problem in XP.

When about 20 (less than) windows are opened (of which
most are IE, Explorer), I can not use CTL-F in my Visual Basic 6.
Only when I close one of the windows, can the search dialog box
be poped up (by using CTL-F).

Why?

I never encountered such harassment with W2K. XP seems
problematic with its user interface.

I am using
Dell600,
OS = Windows XP SP2,
RAM = 512,
CPU = Intel Pentium M 1300MHz
and my desktop is configured to be performance priviledged.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Ting Xing
1 answer Last reply
More about windows number opened windows

    Check your virtual memory settings.

    Can you open other programs when you can't open Find?
    "Ting" <txing@optorun.co.jp> wrote in message news:ejj1KCrgFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Opening multiple windows causes problem in XP.
    >
    > When about 20 (less than) windows are opened (of which
    > most are IE, Explorer), I can not use CTL-F in my Visual Basic 6.
    > Only when I close one of the windows, can the search dialog box
    > be poped up (by using CTL-F).
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > I never encountered such harassment with W2K. XP seems
    > problematic with its user interface.
    >
    > I am using
    > Dell600,
    > OS = Windows XP SP2,
    > RAM = 512,
    > CPU = Intel Pentium M 1300MHz
    > and my desktop is configured to be performance priviledged.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >

    > Ting Xing

Internet Explorer Windows XP